Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my SO (the soon to be Mrs. Tittle) a Walther P22. She was the one that picked it out and told me it FIT her best and she likes the looks the best.. She's only shooting 22 for now by choice but I have her word that soon she'll take the step up to 9mm in practice so if she needs to defend herself with my guns she'll be able to.

I bought it for her because the P99 is a dead ringer for the P22 and eventually I want her to move up to something in 9mm Para after we get our CCW lisences and get very proficient in using her chosen tool..

In the meantime I'd like to get as much info on these sweet looking pistols (Glock could take a page or two from the looks book by Walther)

My intended choice for her is a full size P99 with the OD frame.

Anyone know if a holster for a P22 will fit the P99? Are they the same size and weight approximately?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
The P22 is smaller than the P99 - The grip is smaller too. It is of similiar shape, but isn't the same size. So, I do not believe that the same holsters will work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ShipWreck is spot on. The P22 is a "mini me" (sorta) version of the P99 but does not share much in the way of accessories.

For a quick read on all things P99 this FAQ is quite worthy:

http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99FAQ/index.html

As for a particular flavor of P99, I gotta give you the "thumbs up" on the OD frame choice. I think you will find several forum members would would also suggest the "original" (now called "AS") trigger variety as well. (More on that in the FAQ)

If you have your mind on the OD frame *and* the AS style trigger, be advised that you would need to find a pre-2004 P99. (Which is not as hard as it may seem.) As best I can tell, that particular combo was not imported into the USA by Smith & Wesson for general sales in 2004 and later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mambro @ Jan. 19 2006,09:18)]ShipWreck is spot on. The P22 is a "mini me" (sorta) version of the P99 but does not share much in the way of accessories.

For a quick read on all things P99 this FAQ is quite worthy:

http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99FAQ/index.html

As for a particular flavor of P99, I gotta give you the "thumbs up" on the OD frame choice. I think you will find several forum members would would also suggest the "original" (now called "AS") trigger variety as well. (More on that in the FAQ)  

If you have your mind on the OD frame *and* the AS style trigger, be advised that you would need to find a pre-2004 P99. (Which is not as hard as it may seem.) As best I can tell, that particular combo was not imported into the USA by Smith & Wesson for general sales in 2004 and later.
+1...I have the 03 AS in OD and I absolutely love it...
in .40...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a 9mm fan so it will definately have to be in 9mm... nothing against .40 I just prefer not to stock more calibers if I can avoid it.

my favorite gun shop/range has a used OD P99 on consignment.

If it's still around after another month or so and depending on price I'd like to pick it up. I thought about getting a G17 but I'd much rather have a P99.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts