Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I don't hear much about the newer sc models.

Does anyone have any information or experience regarding the durability of the sc model?

Did the changes walther made to the slide and the extractor make the pistol less reliable and durable? Or did everybody just buy sig 365s instead?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a p365 and PPQ SC (1k-ish rounds). I carry and prefer the SC more (AIWB), shoots better, runs flawlessly, better trigger. I like the p365, sorta replaced my LCP, Bodyguard in crowded events, where people can bump into you. It has had some ftf's after 100 straight rounds at the range, but never before that amount.

Wish Walther would do what Canik did with their SC, RMR cuts, 12 round mag and striker indicator, but still love my PPQ SC

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I'm hoping not, seeing as how one came home with me today. :D

The good: runs just like all my other Walthers; perfectly.
The bad: seems a tad bit undersprung. Might get a DPM for it.
The ugly: runs through 15 rounds too damned fast. :p

I only put 100 rounds through it. I won't carry it or use it until A, it's had at least 500 rounds trouble free including some defense ammo, and B, it has night sights put on.

My workdays have me out and about at some point in darkness. I'm that sort that wants/needs nightsights, in addition to the flashlights and spare mags. Yes, plurals.
When I get another 200 rounds or so, I'll do a report both here and on the FB group. Might be Saturday before I shoot again. Today was the first day I've shot in over a month. And it's a little obvious lol.

There's no excuse for not shooting, at least for me..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I'm concerned is because if the super negative response on this forum following the release of this model. Seems that the changes made to the compact from the full size were considered ill advised and evidence of cost cutting over quality. But now the pistols have been out and about it seems like thise concerns were overblown.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A few weekends ago I found an LE edition on sale at a gun show. Hey...this gun is rapidly becoming my favorite carry gun. Feels great in the hand and very accurate. I have about 200 rounds through it so far without a problem. Didn't think I would like a double stack ccw but I do like this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought an SC a few weeks ago because it was a good deal but really had no need for it. I already owned a Glock 26 (had it for 12+years) and didn't expect much out of the SC. Shot it and I have to say I am a Walther convert. The only issue I have with the SC is that it is difficult to find holsters for it. If I could find a deal on an ankle holster, I think the 26 would go into retirement inside my gun safe. All in all it is a great gun, soft shooting, reliable and I must say it is a good looking gun.

Dennis P.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vedder and TXC have holsters that work, I use, AIWB. OT: also have a pps m2, that I rarely carry since buying PPQ SC. Like the m2 a lot, feel like it will last longer than the p365, but little difference to me than carrying the SC. Just speaking for myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I absolutely love my SC. I’ve let other people shoot it and say that they prefer my SC over their EDC pistol (mostly the m&p shield) it shoots everything that I put in it.

Tho I would like to point out that I bought 1000 rounds of steel Winchester, I think it’s +p bc it kicks harder than anything. When I keep a loaded mag of these steel ammo for a while then shoot it. it usually hangs up and expands in the barrel and it’s hard to eject. Don’t let that make you think the SC is bad tho. I just bought some funky rounds.

I’m never gonna sell it and if it lives long enough I’m gonna give it to my kids or something. Really a great gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only thing bad I don’t like on the gun were the sights. I’m on this forum bc of this gun and I have yet to find anything really bad about this gun. I probably have 700 rounds in the gun. If you’re looking for a sub compact gun I would advise anyone to try this gun out before they make a decision.

My gf bought a shield bc I told her it has a smaller grip for her hands and everything and after putting some rounds in it she likes mine better. She’s gonna trade it for a ppqsc like mine after she gets the money to do it.

I was thinking that I might need a smaller gun like a ruger sp101 for summer carry but I am a big guy (6’)and I think I conceal this really easily with my clinger iwb holster.

Over all I think this gun is perfect. I’ve dropped More than a few times (without ammo in it and on accident of course) it and the only thing that was effected were the sights. I believe that this gun will hold up just as good as the standard ppq. This gun made me a walther fan.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I've actually carried mine a few times in a DeSantis speed scabbard OWB....
I did trim a small bit of the leather away as it just about covered the mag release and if I pressed the Qc against my side hard enough, I could actually get the mag to get disconnected. That little snip and all is well, and I can still run my Classic Q in it as well.

FWIW, while I'm a paddle release fan, the button on the Qc is damnably close to perfect.

All I need now is a spare mag or 5 and some good night sights. Still awaiting a response on those..

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought the LE version of the PPQ SC and love it for carry.

A few weekends ago I found an LE edition on sale at a gun show. Hey...this gun is rapidly becoming my favorite carry gun. Feels great in the hand and very accurate. I have about 200 rounds through it so far without a problem. Didn't think I would like a double stack ccw but I do like this one.

I carry my PPQ SC LE version with me everywhere I go. I got the extended magazine with the sleeve and have 15 rounds IIRC. I was carrying a single stack Ruger LC9S Pro before. Both guns will fit nicely inside the chest pocket of my 5.11 holster vest. I have not shot the thing yet. I don't get out as much but I trust this gun. I know that may not make sense to some of you but I trust Walter with m life. The bullets cycle well with the hand manipulating the slide. And I've not been able to get out since my heart bypassed failed. I sleep with my PPQ SC at my bedside. I should be using my regular PPQ M2 4" as I've shot that gun a lot. I've run many a case of 9 mm Blaser Brass 9 mm FMJ though the regular PPQ and it's never failed to fire when I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
190 Posts
People probably don’t talk about them much, because it’s the same old song that every other manuf does. Takes a compact model and shortens the grip and barrel length, so now your pinky finger is hanging off a somewhat chunky double stack gun, which really feels awkward when go to shoot it. A pinky extension fixes that issue, or some just run the 15 round mag which defeats the purpose of buying the SC model...haha
It’s a chunky gun with limit capacity when you have other alternatives that are a lot smaller with the same if not more capacity.

This horse has been beat to death.

I’m sure they’re working on something to compete with these new age micro compacts with double stack capacity.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think that horse has some life left in him. The sc fits my hands better than these little guns on the market or as you say "micro compacts". I haven't shot one but have checked them out at local gun shows and prefers this chunky SC for balance and hand feel.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Size-wise, the PPQc is the same as the P99c, with regards to the 9mm P99c.

Otherwise, it's obviously got the same SAO trigger, although a cheaper-to-produce slide assembly.

Mine usually travels in Speed Scabbard meant for a PPQ Classic, but otherwise works pretty well. That's OWB. I have a Theis IWB for the PPQ Classic...the Qc fits in it but is loose. Haven't carried it...don't like a gun flopping around like that. If I fell, or went inverted, it wouldn't stay in. No bueno. :eek:

I have a kickass PPS holster I got from Kar98K here....i'm going to order one of those for the Qc.

*disclaimer; Yes, I call it it a PPQc and not the sc, because it's A; not SuperCharged (SC), nor is it a true sub-compact in the literal sense.

Unless it stands for super cheap, of which also is not relevant to this case... :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm still diggin' mine. I've had it for about 8 months and carry it every where I go in either an OWB Alien Gear Cloak Mod holster or a Berne CCW jacket. It satisfies my needs for EDC perfectly, fits my hand like it was made for it, and is a really sweet shooter. As far as capacity goes with other models exceeding what is offered with the PPQ SC, if the gun fight lasts longer than 11 rounds in a self defense situation, then I have done something incredibly wrong.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts