Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - new guy just checking in to say hello. I'm a long time handgun shooter but the last PPK variation I owned was a stainless PPKs I owned about 15 years ago. I liked the gun but always wanted the PPK version.Anyway, I picked up a used Interarms stainless PPK today. The gun appears to have very few rounds through it . It came with the original box and paperwork and test target. When I saw the test target I was pretty excited - three rounds @ 15 meters in a perfect triangle about 1/4 apart ! I put 100 rounds of mag tech ball through it and 20 rounds of 90 gr. Gold Dot. The gun shot beautifully with no problems whatsoever - and the test target was no fluke ! The only downside was the railroad tracks the slide left on the web of my hand . I'm think about the judicious use of a dremel tool to try and smooth it out but thought I'd check in with you guys to see if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks !
Joe

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hello Joe,
Wonderful to read about the sheer sweetness of the Interarms PPK. Brought back fond memories. Regarding your inquiry, I'm afraid you need smaller hands. I had the same problem and I don't even think I have big hands. Seems that they just have this knack of biting the hand that feeds them. I've read of people dremeling the slide but don't really know if it works. It is a small pistol after all.

Unfortunately, my solution was quite simplistic. Out with the PPKs and in with the Walther PP Super. Problem solved. But I miss them. Of course, another option is to carry a box of Band-aids in your range bag. Plus alcohol and a topical antibiotic. Or a bottle of mercurochrome with which you can draw the silhouette of Davy Crockett's hat over the wound. Darn, I still remember that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys-
Thanks for the welcome . I broke out the dremel tool along with the polishing wheel and jewelers rouge. Took all the sharp edges off the slide rails. I also ordered a set of Hogue checkered grips . I haven't taken the gun back out yet but the rails are much smoother so I can't imagine it will bite as much. I also ordered some of the CorBon 80 gr. DPX ammo for "social" use. My primary CCW is a stainless Colt Officers model but I'm going to start carrying the PPK as a lower profile alternative. Looking forward to trying it out with the new grips.
Best,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts