Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by a local dealer who is big into police sales and they had a S&W/Walther America dealer there with a table full of goodies. They had a new desert tan P99 in .40 with new mag release. At first I didn't think I would like it but I was pleasantly surprised. It was really rather nice. The new M&P pistol and their AR models are very nice too. And they had a tricked out P22, with suppressor, special mount and red dot scope. Now that was a sweet little set up. But at $1,000.00 and the $200 that it would cost for the Class 3 stamp, it was just nice to look at and hold.

I was some interested in the new M&P AR however.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Kewl. I have only seen photos of the tan P99 - I wish they would make one in 9mm. Of course, I can't even get my hands on an OD P99 A/S

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know about anywhere else but here in KY & across the river in IN you need to buy a $200 stamp in order to purchase a suppressor and have the head LEO of you city/town sign off on it. I have shot a suppressed P22 before and it was just a hoot. I guess you could use it for whatever you want but I don't really see the use for it except for the kewl factor. But then again I am not in the CIA either.

From what I hear about suppressors you need to make sure the one you get can have the baffles replaced. I am told that some are completely sealed and after a certain number of shots they loose their effectiveness.

I have yet to handle a suppressed P99. I guess it is cheaper to get the set up for the P22 since you already have a threaded barrel. Besides, suppressors run about 500 and add the 200 for the stamp and you are dropping a good bit of change before you even add the pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts