Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, does Walther Arms ever run any sales, rebate or promo deals on their guns?

Looking to pick up PPQ 5" in the next few months and don't want to miss out.

Found this 2017 distributor PDF through google - Screenshot Attached*

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't understand why any gun company would run sales on their products, gun stores I can see running sales but not the actual buyer/distributor, but again that is just me.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I don't understand why any gun company would run sales on their products, gun stores I can see running sales but not the actual buyer/distributor, but again that is just me.
Fixed cost in materials, factory, personnel, etc. so you need to keep production at a certain level or each item you make costs more. Its a fluid ratio but making more often reduces the unit cost thereby allowing such promotions in order to keep production capacity in place.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Distributors do often run sales to their dealer customers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Most deals/promos are usually on older models of pistols, (often when a revision or replacement is being put into production behind-the-scenes) or when the manufacturer has a surplus amount of units, so the PPQ .45 is unlikely to receive any special deals or promotions on it anytime soon.

Smith & Wesson is currently offering a $75 rebate on their M&P Shield series of pistols which includes one chambered in .45 ACP if you are interested, but it's an older pistol that's been on the market for many years, and may very likely receive a M2.0 revision in the near future or be phased out entirely in favor of a new replacement design.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I believe almost everyone has a 4th of July sale. Ammo,holsters,grips,magazines,etc.I would guess firearms will also be on sale,plus possibly rebates.This is what I am waiting for and I hope I am correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Walther has a $100 manufacturers rebate running thru Sept. 15, so you had better get a move on buying what you want before you miss out like I will.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Walther has 2 different discount programs. One is for Law Enforcement/Military and the link on their website is https://www.waltherarms.com/iop/

The other discount is a VIP for NRA instructors. Of the 2, the Law Enforcement?Military is the better one with prices below wholesale. The VIP discount is what gun stores pay.

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
Thanks for the link FredS. However, the programs don't included veterans....such as myself....I did my time....and was honorably discharged...didn't stay 20 years and retire. So, us honorably discharged veterans, with DD-214's, don't qualify.

Oh well..............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts