Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PPK and PPK/S, both S&W manufactured. They both shoot well: accuracy excellent, no failures. However, the safety/decocker levers on both are very difficult to work, nearly impossible with firing hand in the shooting position. I've tried extra lube and I field strip and clean after every range session. Any suggestions on how to make these loosen up?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just never use the safety :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Put the safety lever on the decock position(lever pointing down). Rack the slide open and shut for as many times as your hand can stand it. It works and polishes the decocking surfaces in the grip. I don't like to drop a slide shut on an empty chamber, just use your hand and "run" the slide. Do this for several sessions, for several hundred repetitions. Also do this to the safety lever. It is time consuming, but it works.

This little pistol has been a challenge, a pain in the butt, and a learning experience for me. I FINALLY got mine "running" right, no malfunctions. Took about 600rds. and some polishing, throating, and breaking in. I like the little pistol and can know depend on it.:D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Boy, these S&W PPK's are scaring me. In the year 2007, ANY handgun should shoot 99.999% without a malfunction or hard to activate saftey/decocking lever right out the box!
My 1988 Interarms stainless PPK works flawlessly after 19 years of use/carry. And it's never failed.
I sure don't get what is going on with these S&W Walthers. S&W's other products are fantastic. It's giving Walther a bad name....

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Boy, these S&W PPK's are scaring me. In the year 2007, ANY handgun should shoot 99.999% without a malfunction or hard to activate saftey/decocking lever right out the box!
My 1988 Interarms stainless PPK works flawlessly after 19 years of use/carry. And it's never failed.
I sure don't get what is going on with these S&W Walthers. S&W's other products are fantastic. It's giving Walther a bad name....
I'm getting concerned too.
My wife has fallen in love with the stainless steel Walther PPK/S and thinks that brand new is best. I had planned on giving her one on our anniversary. Now I find myself advising her to try an older one.

Russell

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I only have a original Walther PP in .22lr..... so I can't compare it at all....
but from what I been reading on here and the other Forums it is hit and miss with S&W.... but also I have heard a few misses with the Interarms made one...
I would think if one goes to a gunstore they should let you take the slide off to inspect and see if the gun works as intended (as much as one can see without firing it)
again I would say you hear more bad than good on the Internet as most people come here to look for help

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, my PPK/S-1 was perfect "out of the box". Now, in all fairness, I did "clean" it before taking it to the range. I also had good, fmj, rounds to try. 300 rounds with a smile on each one. I really like the little bugger and will cary it all the time. I am convinced that it also likes me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts