Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new but wanted to convey my satisfaction with the S&W / Walther USA customer service. I bought a "like new" titanium 9mm P99 online through gunbroker.com for about $400, plus $25 FFL transfer fee. It took forever to get the gun and after several weeks, due to the seller being a deadbeat. As you can imagine after all of the hassles, when I finally received the gun it was not "like new", it had significant pitting and rust in the finish. The previous owner must have kept it in a poor location, as both the slide and the magazines had some rust, and the gun is less than a year old. Anyway, I sent it to Walther USA to see what they could do. They, of course, paid for shipping to them via FedEx and within two weeks I got a call from them. They are not making the Ti P99 anymore, and did not have another slide to give me. SO...they offered me a brand new gun of my choice. Since I already have another P99 (Black) in 9mm, I went for the P99 Compact in 9mm. Also, because I have to pay the $25 for FFL transfer, they threw in 2 extra mags! They were also so pleasant to deal with, and when I asked her to throw in a Walther t-shirt, she said, "what size?"! I have not received the gun yet, but it will be here this week. Wow! Amazing customer service! I got a brand new P99 Compact with 4 mags for $425. If there is a better deal out there, let me know. I must say that this experience gives me the utmost confidence in S&W / Walther products, safe in the knowledge that they will stand behind their products. I wish all businesses had this kind of desire to treat customers fairly. I will buy many more products from them. Grade: A+

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's not just good news for me, it's good for all Walther owners present and future! I have to applaud them for such devotion to customer satisfaction. I hope that if anyone has an issue with their gun that they have the inclination to call in light of my positive experience.

Regards,

The Dewd

·
Registered
88 Posts
Holy crap! You talked to the right person. What was her name?
I am yet to be very lucky with their service

·
Registered
130 Posts
The P99 isn't perfect, but they sure make owning it worthwhile by great customer service. H-K on the other hand.......

I just wish Walther would come out with a .357SIG caliber and a few more variations. Extended magazines [20 rounders], factory night sights, perhaps a hard chrome/NP3 slide, or other fun stuff. Why should the Glock folks have all the fun?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
That was very lucky.

I have read so many rip off stories about Gunbroker on Glocktalk and on otherw ebsites that there is NO way I would ever buy a gun there. Apparently, anyone who complains gets their account shut down, and they remove neg feedback to the sellers. So, the whole place seems to be committing a fraud.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I sold my Anaconda on Guns America...

I had a most pleasant experince there, with everyone who emailed me about it, including the gun shop in Denver that eventually bought it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've had good service from them also. I mentioned that my gun was NIB 2003 closeout from CDNN. They didn't care.

·
Registered
112 Posts
thedewd,
Thanks very much for the info, you note two good points, S&W/Walther is terrific with regard to customer support and BEWARE of GunBroker.Com. In my opinion, from what I have observed and heard from others GunBroker appears to be the absolute worst of all the auction sites, appears to be managed in a deceitful and fraudulent manner and if you complain about a seller (their source of revenue) they try and sometimes do cancel your account; they have sellers with huge amounts of negative feedback that they still allow to operate on GunBroker because they continue to run their scams and pay the fees, so GunBroker doesn't care. What ShipWreck says is very true.
My advice is Buyer beware and play it safe and stay away from GunBroker completely, it is not worth the risk, not only can you get your hard earned money ripped off, but could be connected with some shady characters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow. Even though this is an old thread I wanted to go on record and say that I have purchased various firearms through Gunbroker.com and I've had positive experience with all of the sellers. Bad experiences can happen to anyone...anywhere but as with all purchases "Caveat Emptor".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts