Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always heard that the interarms and smith & wesson PPK grips were different. I have an interarms PPK made in 1994 and my father has a S&W PPK made recently. I was cleaning his the other day and just for fun, I swapped grips between the two and guess what... they both fit perfectly! What gives? How are they supposed to be different? Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
does the S&W PPK have a short or long tang ??

·
Registered
729 Posts
TNWaltherman: Thank you for proving that for us! I had also heard that they were not interchangeable. But looking at them in photos and handling a S&W version, I thought it must be something "inside" because the outside of the grips look exactly the same. Good to know!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
A word of caution here.....
while the plastic ones may be interchangeable..... this may be different on wood versions..... there is much more fitting then on just the plastic ones...

that said I recall a post some time back where some pics where posted about these "Interarms" fitted PPK grips being put on a S&W PPK with some hand fitting done to them if memory is at all any good anymore

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I once traded the brown grips on my German PPK with the black grips on my Interarms PPK.

There was a pronounced unsightly gap between the bottom of the slide and the top of the grips on the Interams pistol, not present on it's German cousin.

With the Brown German grips on the Interarms pistol the slide rubbed the top of the grips, everywhere else they fit fine. It came as no surprise that the gap was present when the black Interarms grips were fitted on the German Walther, and again everywhere else the fit was fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may be correct about the wood grips requiring fitting. However, with the standard black plastic, These particular grips on these particular guns fit perfectly... even the gap between grip and slide was identical. The only thing I noticed was that the fit of the interarms grips on the smith was very slightly tighter. They didn't require force or anything, they were just a little more snug when I "snapped" them into the recesses of the frame. I figured this was just a difference between two different manufacturers with twenty something years between them.
DISCLAIMER:
RESULTS MAY NOT BE TYPICAL. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY. ACTIONS PORTRAYED WERE PERFORMED BY A STUNT GUNNER ON A CLOSED COURSE.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts