Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
parent/owner/whomever is apparently splitting with smith and wesson, does that at all effect walthers being imported and assembled s&w? i assumed not but i guess it depends on whats directly affected.. if anything maybe too early to tell

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
There is no basis for assuming that S&W and Walther will end the arrangement. The divestment of S&W does not cancel any S&W contracts with other companies. In the end money rules. And the S&W cooperative enterprise with Walther seem profitable for both.

Reactions: spin40

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
parent/owner/whomever is apparently splitting with smith and wesson, does that at all effect walthers being imported and assembled s&w? i assumed not but i guess it depends on whats directly affected.. if anything maybe too early to tell
Walther ended its import and customer service relationship with S&W a number of years ago.

Walther in Ft Smith has been importing Walther from Germany since I believe the spring of 2013. If you look at the import markings on the weapons after that date you'll see Walther not Smith & Wesson.

FYI Walther Ft Smith will work on the S&W weapons as well as Ranger series PPK and PPK/S weapons

Check threads here on the Forums from that time and you'll see lots of chatter about it.

Below you'll see my Q45 date code BE (2014) you can clearly see the Ft Smith import stamp to the right of the serial number on the slide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ohhh i see now, i probably knew that.. my p22 is marked s&w everything else is newer and ft smith walther...i just continued to associate that town fort smith with smith & wesson indefinitely lol

(city-town fort smith)

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
What...been 7 years or 6, since Walther and S&W parted ways?

:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought my first walther in june and then by october i had 3 lol. i didnt know, and still do not know much. makes better sense now though lol

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
i bought my first walther in june and then by october i had 3 lol. i didnt know, and still do not know much. makes better sense now though lol
One of the main reasons folks join this site is to learn. We are a friendly bunch and pretty much flame free.

There is a lot to learn about Walthers (and it seems even more to unlearn).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts