Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check it out

I just wanted to let you guys know....
this company has a very good reputation from what I hear on the HKpro forum.. and I just ran across this....
maybe somebody is interested

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Thanks for the link, but the price seems a bit much.

You can pick up a new PPK for around $450. As for the barrel, purchasing a PP barrel for a PPK or PPK/S will get you about a half inch to play with for the threading:

Extended .32 ACP barrel for PPK at Numrich is a little over $50:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/Display....KU=&MC=

(and don't even think about the after-market ones - complete POS)

Don't know what S&W would charge for a PP barrel in .380, but can't imagine it would be over $100.

Then the gunsmithing to thread the barrel and install it on the frame would be another $150 or so.

Their price seems steep. Perhaps for $700-$800 it might be a decent deal, but over $1K seems a bit much. Neat idea though, got to admit.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff,
they do special pricing for "HKpro" members all the time.....
maybe a call would help out to lower the price as they sell without auction too.....

I was curious though if the barrel is from Walther Germany or from S&W.... since I had emailed Walther not too long ago about a threaded 25 inch Barrel for the G22..... and they sounded like not any threaded barrels were exported at all

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Uncut, I had heard the same thing about the G22 having an available threaded barrel in Europe, but it wasn't brought over to the States. Didn't stop me of course....

As for a call to them for a lower price, maybe next year. I have some other items coming in soon, and I can't purchase them all at once, though I wish I could.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff....
I still am planing on doing the threading on my G22....
it is one sweet shooter... But it will have to wait till the Army won't move us around anymore
It is correct about the factory threaded barrels.... they have the 20 inch and a 25 inch threaded barrel for the G22.
Also there is the European muzzlebreak and the american muzzlebreak for the G22

1 - 5 of 5 Posts