Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Stunksinatl,

I really enjoy my PPK/S-1 by S&W. It is fun and very controllable, and puts the holes in the target where they are aimed to be. I am glad I have it. However, I did experience a component failure. Very disapointing, after 300+14 rounds. Will it happen again---who knows. Was it significant---it threw me for a loop and caused some confusion (I lost concentration and response qualities) for me when it happened, but it was not a critical failure to fire failure. By the time I figured that out, it may have been too late.

Now, things like this could happen with anything. Not to say the PPK/S-1 is bad, but to say I have my confidence shaken a bit. I will continue to test it and to demand perfect performance. However, in the meantime I will carry something else. Well, after tomorrow, anyway.

Good Fortune

· Registered
118 Posts
stunks--

The spring-loaded bar on the left side of the frame that acts as the slide stop when the magazine is empty broke. The failure occured sometime during the last magazine load---empty magazine resulted in the slide moving forward about half way. Very confusing to me and it took a few moments to understand what happened. Never did find the piece that broke off. Hope to get it back to the range soon to build confidence back.

S&W response was very good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.