Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had another 100 trouble free rounds through my S&W made PPK/s yesterday. I have lost count as to how many that is. It has to be at least 800 or 900 rounds.

That's nearly 1000 rounds without 1 single malfunction of any kind.

I can't believe that I could be so lucky as to have a non-lemon pistol in a sea of lemons. I am NOT that kind of person, I never get lucky!

I wonder, if we could hear from others that own S&W PPK's or PPK/s's that have had NO problems. It seems like all I see are problem threads. What say you?

-stunks

P.S. Now if 380 wasn't so blasted expensive, I'd have a lot more through the pistol. It really is a joy to shoot, and just gets better!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stunksinatl,

I really enjoy my PPK/S-1 by S&W. It is fun and very controllable, and puts the holes in the target where they are aimed to be. I am glad I have it. However, I did experience a component failure. Very disapointing, after 300+14 rounds. Will it happen again---who knows. Was it significant---it threw me for a loop and caused some confusion (I lost concentration and response qualities) for me when it happened, but it was not a critical failure to fire failure. By the time I figured that out, it may have been too late.

Now, things like this could happen with anything. Not to say the PPK/S-1 is bad, but to say I have my confidence shaken a bit. I will continue to test it and to demand perfect performance. However, in the meantime I will carry something else. Well, after tomorrow, anyway.

Good Fortune

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have no idea how many rounds are through my PPK, not PPK/s. I've never had any failures that were not cheap ammo related. Actually only Fiocchi and S&B don't work in it. Everything else...the gun is flawless. Its no safe queen. I carry it several times a week.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stunksinatl,

I really enjoy my PPK/S-1 by S&W. It is fun and very controllable, and puts the holes in the target where they are aimed to be. I am glad I have it. However, I did experience a component failure. Very disapointing, after 300+14 rounds. Will it happen again---who knows. Was it significant---it threw me for a loop and caused some confusion (I lost concentration and response qualities) for me when it happened, but it was not a critical failure to fire failure. By the time I figured that out, it may have been too late.

Now, things like this could happen with anything. Not to say the PPK/S-1 is bad, but to say I have my confidence shaken a bit. I will continue to test it and to demand perfect performance. However, in the meantime I will carry something else. Well, after tomorrow, anyway.

Good Fortune

All righty,

You've sparked my interest. What exactly happened with your PPK? It is unfortunate that your failure happened after only 300 rounds...

-stunks

·
Registered
26 Posts
No problems!

Have a PPK (.32) and a PPK/S (.380), both S&W. With well over 500 rounds through each, I've never had a misfire. I field strip and clean/lube after each range visit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another happy customer! I appreciate your reply in this entirely nonscientific and nonrepresentative thread! :)

-stunks

·
Registered
118 Posts
stunks--

The spring-loaded bar on the left side of the frame that acts as the slide stop when the magazine is empty broke. The failure occured sometime during the last magazine load---empty magazine resulted in the slide moving forward about half way. Very confusing to me and it took a few moments to understand what happened. Never did find the piece that broke off. Hope to get it back to the range soon to build confidence back.

S&W response was very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts