Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting a PPK or PPK/S soon. Deciding which one now. I like a blued finish but is the finish on the PPK polished or a matte? Does anyone have any pics of a new blued PPK? Also does anyone have any experiences as to the durability of the blue finish?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, Benny, any pics? I did decide to pull the trigger on this decision and get myself a Christmas present. I've got a blued PPK coming my way. It should be here in a couple days. A few pics of the blued PPK would hold me over nicely! Or maybe someone can point me in the right direction to a site that has some pics of a S&W PPK in blue. Doesn't seem like anyone has one of these, everyone's going stainless. Also, Benny, what is your opinion as to the durability of the blued finish? Does it hold up alright?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wish I had a camera, but sadly, I don't. I've seen some pictures on 'Guns America', but they really didn't do it justice. I've had mine for close to a year now, and it's holding up great after about 800 rounds through it and being holstered a dozen times or so - no wear at all. Also, it's one of the few guns that I can honestly say that I can easily handle it in double action; much easier than my PP in .32 (1972 model, German version). I think you made a great choice, please keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts