Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum - just bought a used Walther PPK/S in .32. I cant figure out who might have manufactured it, but have a guess. The gun came in the case, but there was not a target or fired case in the box, so no indication of date of manufacture. The gun has the 'serrated' trigger (not smooth) and the shorter beavertail like the InterArms version, but has a serial number like the S&W version (18XXAAA). Neither S&W or InterArms is stamped on the right side of the slide, just Walther America, LLC, Springfield, Mass. I have read where S&W used InterArms parts to assemble the first runs of their pistols, is this true, and would this explain the gun I have??

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would put a 97% probability that it is a "first S&W" gun. The "Springfield, MA." is the best clue.
Please post pics, if possible.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would say yours is one or the early Smiths Before the made the changes. I would think these might be collectable in years coming. But I not a collector so don't save or buy by my word. I saw a 380 a while back same way Matched up perfect to my Interarms but said MA on slide. sold for $450 here local.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, Ill try and post pics if I can figure it out. I am pretty sure its an early S&W too.

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If someone can host the pics, Ill email you some, I honestly dont know if I can figure it out on my own.

Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's your pics. I shrunk them and blotted the 2 digits of the serial # that you X'ed in your first post.

I'm bumping the odds that this is a transition S&W to 98.75%.

The .32 cal is odd, though. I thought Interarms stopped making them for a while before folding and didn't know Smith was making anything but .380's. If so, this could be a true rarity and worth a few extra $$$ in the future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gunner45, appreciate your posting the pics. Cool gun to be sure, maybe I should try calling WaltherAmerica to see if they might tell me more about it.

Joe

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the replies..
I thought the same, That this was a Early S&W..
Welcome to one of our newest members JMQ4 from the Sigforum!! Also note that if you ever need anything for it, It is realy an Interarms in S&W clothing.SWEET!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts