Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why in the world does the "Guns & Ammo" (09/2007 issue, pp 62-66) review of the PPS give the impression that S&W had anything to do with the development of the Walther PPS? The tag line on page 62 states the following:
Walther, in concert with S&W, has produced a sleek, slick and stylish 9mm that may redefine the way we think about "pocket pistols."
And, the second paragraph on page 63 begins with:
Walther--in cooperation with S&W--now has a lock on this category.
S&W is merely the importer, and had nothing to do with its development. I like my S&W firearms, and own several. But, to give readers the impression that S&W was involved in the development of the PPS is misleading and untrue. I cough this up to an editorial error on the part of the magazine, not on the part of S&W.

·
Registered
256 Posts
<P>I thought that wording was interesting. When I read the article wondered if possibly that was not just an inadvertent use of words / typo or possibly some specific wording intentionally provided or reflecting some words provided by either Walther or S&W to indicate a strong business relationship. Did not state that S&W designed it, to me wording just sort of indicates a joint effort that could even be based on marketing or other information or talent provided by S&W, I do not know. In any event, looking at my PPS and seeing the S&W name tastefully displayed in small letters on the slide is actually something I like, as I like S&W products as much as Walther. </P>

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Ken
I was wondering the same thing.
The PPS was developed by one guy at Walther and was not in any way a joint venture.....
It could have been worse though... not to long ago (Feb-March) there was a articel in Guns & Ammo to celebrate 100 Jahre Walther.... and twice the guy couldn't tell a PPK appart from a PPK/s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts