Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had a problem with warranty issue from Shield? The led in mine went out, sent a claim to Shield. They had me send it to JNC Direct, in Valley Stream, NY. Haven't heard a peep from either of them in over a month. They don't answer correspondence.
Needless to say, this does not sit well. Will not be buying another
Shield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar issue. The RMSC sight on my new PPS keeps loosing zero and will sometimes shut off. Send it to Shield warranty service. Have not heard anything for a month.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar issue. The RMSC sight on my new PPS keeps loosing zero and will sometimes shut off. Send it to Shield warranty service. Have not heard anything for a month.
I sent mine to Valley Stream , NY. Just wondering if due to the COVID-19 being so rampant in NY, if the place is shut down for the time being. England has their issues with it also, haven't heard from them either. Frustrating for certain.
Holosun is coming out with a new red dot, supposedly in May. Saw a video of it from the Shot Show, looks & sounds like a route I may go, regardless. It fits the RSMc footprint, but will require some modification. On the PPS, you will have to remove the rear studs, and shorten the front studs to fit.
You can still use the RSMc if you choose. The Holosun model # is 407K, priced at $ 219.99.
I;m not happy with the RSMC anyway, it eats batteries about every 2 months. Supposed to last 2 to 3 yrs.
Keep me posted if you hear anything from them.
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. Mar 10, 2020, I sent my RSMc back to Shield for repair or replacement. Now, 3 months later, I received an email today that it has been repaired/ replaced & on the way back from Shield.
I am assuming, since it's being shipped from Shield In England, it will be a replacement, since it was shipped to NY for repair.
We'll see when it arrives, which should take a week or so.
Not what I call good service. Of course, COVID-19 could have something to do with it. Never received a response from messages sent. No excuse for that, since supposedly some were working from home for that purpose.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly the same for me - just got an e-mail saying it was on the way from England. I'm assuming it's a new one as well.
Let's hope when we get it, assuming it's new, it actually does what it's supposed to do, for as long as it's supposed to. The 2 to 3 yr battery on mine, never lasted over 3 months.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know when you get yours, & I'll do the same, so we'll know what to expect.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my replacement RSMc came in the mail today. Got it installed, zeroed, all good thus far. Reno, yours should be arriving soon. Hope this one lasts longer than the last one did. If not, I'm moving on to Holosun.
We'll see. Good luck with yours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts