Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my PPS M2 RSMC for a couple of months now. Picked it up yesterday, getting ready to go to the mall. Checked the sights/red dot as I always do. NO red dot. Removed it from the slide & changed the battery for a new one. Worked fine. Now, the book says battery life expectancy to be 2 to 3 yrs. One in a million bad battery. or something else?
Anyone else had a similar problem? :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had mine since November of last year (2018) and it is still on its original battery.
It hasn't shown any sign of dimming, ....yet

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I do not have one. but I am guessing bad battery. I have hearing aids. they work fine When battery goes dead I change both. Mostly that is uneventful, but sometimes a battery in one of them will last only half time of the battery in the other. Other times the progress the same. That means a battery problem. When you think about it batteries are mass produced, and that means there is a failure rate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If it was the battery than came with it, could be it was old itself or who knows. Im still on my first battery (PPS M1). I change all my "always on" optic batteries every year on my birthday, which i try to take off work to go the range and, among other things, re-confirm zero after remounting them. Probably overkill, but makes me feel better. I then have half a dozen CR3032's that i toss in a drawer for car remotes, security system sensors, etc.

Since it came back, I'd vote bad battery. Not like you can adjust the brightness on these to save it, and I'd assume it spends a lot of its life "dark" and thus in "low" mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts