Walther Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You've piqued my interest. I know that this can't be shipped to the states because of the laws that stopped the importation of the German PPKs, but if it were down there, any estimates of it's value? Oddly, I can export it to Europe but not the States.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You've piqued my interest. I know that this can't be shipped to the states because of the laws that stopped the importation of the German PPKs, but if it were down there, any estimates of it's value? Oddly, I can export it to Europe but not the States.
The questions I asked above about the slide and magazine(s) numbering, if any, would impact the value of the PPK here in the States. And the condition of the gun. So let's wait until then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK, it just arrived in the mail, looks actually pretty good. One small chip out of the upper right side of the grip approximately 1/4" X1/4". Confirmed the serial number is 302113K and is on both the frame and right side of the slide. Now about the mags. One mag simply has the Walther banner at he bottom left side, no other markings. The other mag has the same banner, and is serial numbered on the back side BUT not the same number as the pistol. It is marked 233096 then below that a 1 and a K.
It seems to fit the holster perfectly, the holster measures about 7.75" high by 5.75" at it's widest part when closed.
I'll try and figure out my new camera and get some detailed pictures tonight. It looks as nice as my 1965 vintage one. I'll take it to the range and try it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Well,that is a shame not one of your mags is matched. I think it hurts the price a bit,even though the numbered one is for the scarce RSHA PPK variation with the "k" suffix under the serial number. Let's see some pix of the gun and holster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK here are some pictures of the damaged grip, the right side of the frame showing the serial number and the mag serial number.
Looking closer at the holster, the spare mag holder looks longer than it needs to be.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sadly, under the Gun Control Act of 1968 the PPK lacks the points necessary to qualify for importation to the US. That is why the PPK/S was created.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I don't know if you are collecting the PPK on an historical basis, but if so, I would mate the holster with your Browning and look for a proper issue holster for it. Should be a black Akah style holster. I will post an article I wrote on RSHA holsters when I get a chance.

I think you value down here assuming 95% condition would be in the $3000 range.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for your help and advice with this. I think I'll start looking for a period correct grip for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all. I'm new to this group and reading this thread has been most interesting. Congratulations on the gun you have. To find such documentation on it is great. If you were to sell it, im sure youd have no problem finding a buyer.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hello all. I'm new to this group and reading this thread has been most interesting. Congratulations on the gun you have. To find such documentation on it is great. If you were to sell it, im sure youd have no problem finding a buyer.
I'm in a bit of a quandary about this pistol. I got it in trade with the intention of using it as a in expensive shooter. I'll probably just trade it for something else, not many serious collectors up here in Canada. As for exporting it to the states, I find conflicting information. Some say a licensed collector of relics and curios could import it, but can't find anyone who has actually done it.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I've asked a very experienced C&R importer if there's any way to import your PPK and it can't be done. Even if it could be brought in it would be ruined with huge import stamps. It's still an inexpensive shooter. It didn't cost anything to learn it's history and it'll shoot equally well in any case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've asked a very experienced C&R importer if there's any way to import your PPK and it can't be done. Even if it could be brought in it would be ruined with huge import stamps. It's still an inexpensive shooter. It didn't cost anything to learn it's history and it'll shoot equally well in any case.
Sound advice, thanks.
BTW I've now been seriously bitten by the Walther bug. In addition to my other .32 PPK, I just bought a stainless interarms PPK/S .380.

·
Registered
789 Posts
RSHA Arsenal Weapon Inventory Control Cards

I have provided following a few of the inventory cards that were in the National Archive records of the RSHA arsenal activity. All arsenal weapons were tracked by inventory receipt cards showing the weapon, serial number, to whom issued, accompanying equipment and subsequent disposition.

This card records the receipt by Krim.Kom. Adolf Janssen of PPK #841371 on Oct. 24, 1940 from the RSHA armory. This of course would be one of the rarely seen muzzle numbered RZM PPKs. Included in the provisions with the pistol, were two holsters, a shoulder holster and a belt holster, an extra magazine, 10 rounds of 7,65mm ammo, a cleaning rod and three inert practice rounds.

This card records the receipt of another Janssen, this one SS-Mann Gustav, of later production PPK # 306717K on May 30, 1944. This weapon was issued with a reserve magazine, 25 rounds of 7,65mm ammo, a cleaning rod, one practice cartridge and a black belt holster.

I will post some additional arsenal cards in the future. And I will post my article on RSHA issue holsters.

·
Registered
789 Posts
This arsenal inventory card was issued for one of the scarce RSHA Walther PPs, #193484 P delivered to Krim. Insp. (Detective Inspector) Alfred John of RSHA IV E 1 a, a sub-department of the Gestapo/Abwehr located in Berlin on Kurfurstendamm 140. KrimInsp John received with the pistol a reserve magazine, cleaning rod, inert practice cartridges and a black belt holster as well as a regulation Akah "Reichsbank" model shoulder holster. The RSHA Walther PPs are seldom seen compared to the RSHA PPKs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PPK

Decided to buy this pistol for my small WW2 collection, on the spur of the moment now what do I do with it LOL Going to research it, maybe some day will find out who sign for it.
And how it got to be in the hands of a Canadian soldier as a war trophy.

seamaster789

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
With the proceeds of the sale of this piece of history to seamaster789, I purchased a very nice mid 70s blued PPK/S. I'll post pics in when I get a chance.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts