Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new CCP. It's had about 400 rounds through it. After about 300 rounds, I noticed that when a loaded magazine is put in, and a round loaded in the chamber, the next round is pushed forward. Both magazines are guilty of this.

Is this normal for a new gun? Do I just need to keep shooting to get the "new" off? Here's a picture of what's going on. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's how mine, and a lot of other peoples operate. Not sure if it will change after more rounds are run thru it, or if there is a fix for it. I have just learned to live with it as is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's even been times that the pushed up round will actually pop out of the mag when I'm releasing the mag. Super annoying.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
As has been discussed before, when the breech face shoves the top round forward to chamber it the bottom of that round drags on the one under it. On some pistols there is enough room in front of the nose of the second round due to the feed ramp design so that the next round can be shoved forward a bit and snag a bit when it comes time to drop a loaded mag. Monkey glue will keep em all in place. M1911

1 - 5 of 5 Posts