Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Really like the look of the rm8, but hearing lots of people saying they are of poor quality, leak and generally not worth considering. Been told go for the HW100, but double the price? Is this just a bit of Weihrauch "snobbery"?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a RM8 in .177 last year and can only say good things about it. The action was a little rough to start with but after about 2-300 pellets it has become very smooth and the magazine cycling is flawless. Accuracy is very good, 5p size groups at 30m using JSB Exact 4.52 pellets. Build quality is also very good. I too was considering the HW100 but I am now very glad that I went with the RM8, just as accurate and more than twice the shot count at half the price. Below is a shot string I did recently which shows very good consistency thanks to the regulator.

Shots
# FPS FT-LBS PF
8 762 10.88 6.43
7 768 11.06 6.48
6 774 11.23 6.53
5 774 11.23 6.53
4 779 11.37 6.57
3 771 11.14 6.51
2 755 10.68 6.37
1 765 10.97 6.46
Average: 768.50
StdDev: 7.69
Min: 755
Max: 779
Spread: 24
True MV: 769.91

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all and new to this forum, ive had one since they first came out in 22cal I was lucky to have mine before they changed the name so its still got r8 instead of the new rm8, im just looking what can be done with these rifles, does anyone know if the theoben mfr 280cc bottle will fit these rifles by any chance??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to least populated forum in existence.
Interesting question, whilst I can give no information about this you could try contacting T R Robb who has some knowledge of these rifles and supplies some tuning parts. I get amazing shot count from my .177 and would expect the .22 to be even better, a bigger bottle wouldn't be a priority for me as it would add weight to an already pretty heavy rifle.

Walther R8 Stainless Steel Spring Guide + Hammer Weights

·
Registered
1 Posts
rm8

I to liked the rm8 and have bought one ....it is not in the same league as the hw100 (I know I have one and never had a problem with it) it is 10 days old and leaks all the air out over 3-4 days and is under powered, armex don't reply to emails I have tried, so my short term answer is save up and buy the hw100 even a used one.......Hopefully the rm8 will be repaired and become the gun I think it could be (I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOMEONE ON HERE TO REASURE ME) or this could be the fastest sold gun I have ever bought

·
Registered
3 Posts
This sounds like a lemon, I would be taking it back to the seller. I have had mine for over a year now with no problems and it continues to perform brilliantly in every way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rm8

I to liked the rm8 and have bought one ....it is not in the same league as the hw100 (I know I have one and never had a problem with it) it is 10 days old and leaks all the air out over 3-4 days and is under powered, armex don't reply to emails I have tried, so my short term answer is save up and buy the hw100 even a used one.......Hopefully the rm8 will be repaired and become the gun I think it could be (I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOMEONE ON HERE TO REASURE ME) or this could be the fastest sold gun I have ever bought
M8 ya being a puddon like iv had mine 3 year lovely bit of kit no leaks yet so u bought a dud take it back bit have you had ya grubby fingers in fiddling around tut tut tut naughty boy but a little research would tell u it's antitamperd up stupid boy at twice the price but not twice the gun who has been silly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts