Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun has 3.5" barrel,fiber optic front sights....8+1 Model

Does anyone have this gun? if so, is it an exceptional firearm? thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice weight - Low recoil, I shoot it in competition using 147gr 9mm.
TLR-3 fits nice, Mag well has some wear and did rust a little on a moist outdoor session, cleaned up ok. Really love to shoot this gem. I bought it for the 22TCM experience and the 9mm is a bonus.

·
Premium Member
13,808 Posts
TCM 22.....I feel the need for speed....specifically about 1,364 MPH. I'm also considering a TCM 22/combo...loud and fast. :D

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
No offense but why a 9mm version of a Colt SA when you could have the PPS with paddles?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Because When you shoot a 22 TCM - People Notice. The RO always asks what am I shooting today - If the TCM, I usually get a corner on a empty range section.

Even loader than a Sig 357 - Neat Pistol to shoot - ***** Cat Recoil.

I've got two Paddles already - I like Extended Buttons better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your pic looks like the gun I ordered

Nice weight - Low recoil, I shoot it in competition using 147gr 9mm.
TLR-3 fits nice, Mag well has some wear and did rust a little on a moist outdoor session, cleaned up ok. Really love to shoot this gem. I bought it for the 22TCM experience and the 9mm is a bonus.

Mine is the Tac (not TCM) Ultra CS 9mm - does not have the 22 option. otherwise would you think it is - and will shoot 9mm - as yours?

another question...is it as accurate out to about 20 yds as the "regular" 5" barrel 9911? thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
20 yards is a push with anything while running around - But I feel it is ok. I would love to try a 5". I normally shoot a Beretta M9 - But love the trigger on the RIA 1911. Just hate the safety. Had some issues once Opps.

I just fell in love with it and it is my 1st 1911. Love the Single Stack grip for a change.

I'm wishing I could meet a Walther shooter to swap some rounds. I keep searching for the perfect gun, but fall in love pretty fast with the next One LOL.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rock Island Tac Ultra FS HC 1911- wt. 3 lbs

Big boom, sends lead down range at 1,364 miles per hour....AND really easy recoil. Me likes.

Here's a link. https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/tcm-series/

The full size rock island - Tac Ultra 9mm or TCM both weigh 3 lbs. I've decided to go with the full size TAC 1911...worried a little about the wt. what so you think, as you seem interested in the TCM

·
Premium Member
13,808 Posts
The full size rock island - Tac Ultra 9mm or TCM both weigh 3 lbs. I've decided to go with the full size TAC 1911...worried a little about the wt. what so you think, as you seem interested in the TCM
Morning Joe. I think you'll be fine with a good holster and belt, AND carry location (belt position, ride height, cant).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Field strippin - wow

Morning Joe. I think you'll be fine with a good holster and belt, AND carry location (belt position, ride height, cant).

got the 1911 this am...field stripping and especially putting it back together was really more than I could handle...luckily, my buddy came over and finished it up...but he even had to watch a video -as you know I am relatively new with firearms, but have been able to field strip , clean, lube Walther, S&W, CZ...this, to me was terrible. I shot it after my buddy put back together, and shot it quite well. Any one else have the problems I had field stripping it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Funny - Me too - Got mine apart 1st time but getting it back together is different. Get a 1911 tool to help with the bushing and finger nails. It gets easer every time - It's a 1911, Great to own a piece of Americana.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts