Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I recently acquired an Interarms ppk/s in stainless steel. It seems to be in decent working order with only some minor scuffs from wear. It is also missing the red dot in the safety. I do have experience refinished stainless pistols. So my question is, will refinishing the flats and reapplying some enamel in the safety effect the value much? I know these pistols aren’t rare or super valuable. Thank you! Setarip

Attachments

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I would replace the red paint, but leave the finish alone. While these pistols are far from rare, it’s always better not to mess with the finish unless it is really damaged. Besides, if you use the pistol at all it will scuff up again and you’ll be back to square one.

·
Super Moderator
7,694 Posts
If you don't go crazy, there is no harm in some gentle touch up on the brushed stainless. Use 3M cloth; I believe the burgundy is the less aggressive, but check the label.
Naturally, move in the same direction as the existing brush finish.
The bead blast areas (top of the slide, etc.) are far better left alone.
If you have a really battered stainless example, circuit etchant will darken the bead blast areas and hide some scratches.
Nail polish or Testor's red will work; use a toothpick for the safety mark.
Moon

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I would replace the red paint, but leave the finish alone. While these pistols are far from rare, it’s always better not to mess with the finish unless it is really damaged. Besides, if you use the pistol at all it will scuff up again and you’ll be back to square one.
How did you know what I was going to write?

M

P.S. "Mess with" is exactly the right description. Not one person in 50 has the skill, or will select the right tools, to repolish the slide flats without fuzzing the roll-marks.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I'll join the previous speakers. This weapon doesn't need more than a red dot. And it will look so much nicer anyway without that disfiguring Pachmayr grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.