Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like at this time to let the members of this Great Forum know that Reproduction One-Piece Grips for the Pre-War Walther
PPK’s are now available to you. So many times I have read posts that call for replacement grips so the original ones won’t get damaged if the pistol is fired at the shooting range. A friend of mine has risen to the challenge, and is making these grips one set at a time. These are very impressive and Beautiful Grips.
They have the “Metal Inserts,” all colors are available, even the “Presentation White,” and the Magazine Finger Rest Extension piece is included. Also the choice of what side the Screw can be inserted into the Grip. The Party Leader Eagle Grips are also available. I have enclosed some pictures for your viewing. I can tell you that they look and feel like the Originals!!!.....

Contact Mark at:
[email protected]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimbo80,

Thanks for the comment Jimbo......I'm not sure, for sure (Hahaha) but if I were you I would drop Mark an E-Mail...could be an issue matching color unless you have a real accurate picture ! Give him a yell, he's a Great Guy !!!.....

Denny G.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Jimbo80,

Thanks for the comment Jimbo......I'm not sure, for sure (Hahaha) but if I were you I would drop Mark an E-Mail...could be an issue matching color unless you have a real accurate picture ! Give him a yell, he's a Great Guy !!!.....

Denny G.
Already sent.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Are they marked on the inside "Reproduction"? If not, he does no favors for the collecting community and is creating fakes. Why the metal insert? Only to deceive?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I heard back about the finger rests which he does sell separately. At $37.50 the price is too high for me. I didn't ask what he charges for the grips but I'm glad I don't need any.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Steve,
In answer to your question I believe they do fit the interarms PPK.. but again give Mark a holler & he will be able to tell you better than I !!!.....

Denny G.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Denny: Thanks for sharing this information.

You might want to suggest to your friend that he visit the Walther Forumse and consider becoming a supporting member here. Joe's comment about reproduction stamps inside the grips also are spot-on.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It's hard to say about these from just a picture but most reproductions don't need to advertise they're fake other than by showing up. It's good to have them for shooting but they are unlikely to fool a collector.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As it turns out, the grips are marked "COPY" on the metal inserts, not "Reproduction", he engraves them by hand. I never bothered to look. I just put them on, and snapped some pictures. Joe W. & Searcher, I agree with what you said about marking the grips "Reproduction" so there is no confusion. The reason for the metal inserts is to give the grip stability and to stop it from cracking at the screw holes (Both Sides) and the back strap has a tendency to crack also...Joe W., I hope this clears up any reason to suspect any type of deception, there is none!.... these are simply Reproduction grips, and meant to be used for replacing and saving your original grips and that's it !!!.....

Denny G.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts