Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 340 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Welcome to the forum, FL450, and thanks for that report. It doesn't help us with the Interarms catalog, but it's good to note; congratulations on your choice of firearms. Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks, OS, for that contribution, and welcome to the forum. We hope that you enjoy your time here. For what it's worth: It's OK to be confused, especially on this topic. Confusion, sadly, is a way of life with regard to the Interarms serial numbers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is....

Stainless PPK .380 with serial # AO32864 but I bought it second-hand so do not have test target - any one got one with a serial near that one I could guestimate the production year?

Jamie
Interarms PPK
CZ 85
Glock 19
Ruger Mk I

·
Registered
35 Posts
PP .22LR

I found a NIB/LNIB German PP .22LR blue today. I have no history (gun shop took it in trade) it is mint, appears to not been fired (except for factory proof target), absolutely no evidence of wear, scratches or residue. Spare mag is still in oiled bag. Serial No is 43XXXLR, has 76-stag stamp & has Eagle over N stamp on barrel, and Eagle over N stamp on the slide, and Interarms (starburst) logo stamp on the slide. Came in box, w/ multi-lingual manual, German factory test target, 2 mags (one w/ finger extension, one flat base) and oak grips (absolutely no wear). It is either NIB or 100% & unfired.

Any help on when it was made?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks for this thread, but I hope we can get more info. My PPK falls between 1987 and 1994! But I have a blued PPK in 380, kinda of rare compared to the PPKs in stainless.

Mine is # K008663, but my test target says 10/11. So I gues it was test fired October 11 of a mystry year??!! Also, my target shows it shooting to the right, which it did until I drifted the rear sight myself. Now it's dead on. I suppose that shows one difference between the American and German made guns.

A few years ago I think someone on the P38 forum had the Gadsden production dates and disclosed to someone looking for a DOB, and I remembered he commented that he shouldn't be doing this. If he/she was real then I am sure they are somewhere. Does anyone know what happened to the Gadsden plant?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That's interesting, Doc. I don't recall anyone over at the P.38 Forum disclosing the dates on the Ranger operation, but I easily could have missed it as well. I'll do some poking around over there with one of the mods I know pretty well and see if I can track that down. It's a good rumor, in any event, and a reminder that we should never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yes, I hope I am remembering my fact about the forum. I don't think it was this one, it could of also been The High Road, but I am leaning toward the P38 Forum and I am sure it was more than 2 or 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I know that The High Road has requests from time to time for the born-on dates of Interarms-made handguns, so it's doubtful that it would there; the folks who live on THR are as quick with a search button as any on the internet.

I'll poke around the P.38 board a bit and see if anyone remembers this; it would be a heck of a find it true.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Interarms PPK/S

Searcher451, Could you advise me as to your opinion of the quality of the U.S.A. Manufactured Interarms PPK/S, Thanks, Arkansas Shooter.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
PM sent; hope it was helpful. Be sure to read through the various threads here on folks' opinions of the Interarms, Manurhin, and German-made pistols. Much of it depends on your experience with a particular gun that you acquired somewhere along the line, which isn't always a fair assessment but is understandable nonetheless.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an Interarms PPK/S and am very pleased with the gun. It has never caused any problem and has never misfired or failed to eject the spent brass.

The test target only has a month and day 10/18 so it is no help with the manufacture date.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same problem. I have the receipt for the PPK/S 380 when I bought it new for 1/11/86 and the test target says 8/26 shot at 15meters. So I guess it has to be at leasts 1985 or just a bit earlier. It was new when I bought it.
It is an Interarms Alexandria Virginia on the right side and Walther made in U.S.A on the left. The piece in the injection port has what looks like a VA stamped on it. Ser. Number is S032037.

Can anyone give me any info on this pistol and if this is a good bad or indifferent PPK/S?

thanks for the help

21 - 40 of 340 Posts