Walther Forums banner
341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's next on my list steve,, I want an early ppk WITH the serial on the frame AND the slide,,.I have never shot a PPk in .380, I hear its somewhat rappy.
Did you get it yet? I have a interarms #60685 on slide and 60685A on frame....the ejection port looks to have "HH" on it.the grips aren't original but it's the 9mm kurz....it's yours for a reasonable price. 51 oh 77nine ate5 6 for.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Slowly...
It's a Manuhrin/Walther 9x17mm made gun. HH means, it was proofed in Ulm/Germany 1988.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Sorry RafMan, you're right. It's 1977.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently purchased an Interarms PPK stainless .380 with black case marked
Walther Banner
Exclusive Distributor
INTERARMS
Alexandria, Virginia

Came with two magazines, manuel, target, brown wrapping paper, cleaning rod.

Right side of slide marked Interarms over Alexandria, Virginia

Left side: Walther banner over Made in USA and the "Under License of Carl Walther, etc."

Serial Number right side AO59195. No serial # anywhere else.

No markings under grips.

Target has AO59195 fired by MS 12/15

I've tried to decipher the time frames for various makers and importers but am still confused.

Am I correct to assume 12/15 is the approximate manufacturing date?

I thought by that time, the PP series was moved to Fort Smith?

Please educate me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably the target is just Dec 15th. You can look inside your box for a stamped date (month/year) which could give you a ballpark. It is an early 90s serial number for sure. I'd guess '90 or '91.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for the prompt and helpful response. I did see pilotsteve's spreadsheet of Interarms serial number. AO59195 comes up late 1991 early 1992. Didn't think about the target date not including the year. I don't see a date inside the case. There's a bar code. I'll try downloading a reader on my phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some cases don't have it, but look for an embossed date stamp somewhere on the inside. It would be stamped into the plastic material. If the test was done Dec 15th it was probably manufactured November-ish '91.

Here is where mine is stamped...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some cases don't have it, but look for an embossed date stamp somewhere on the inside. It would be stamped into the plastic material. If the test was done Dec 15th it was probably manufactured November-ish '91.

Here is where mine is stamped...
View attachment 98586

You nailed it! 11/91 stamped in a recess in the upper left hand corner of the lid.

Thank you again for your assistance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
These numbers are really all over the board. I can't make sense of it in terms of a pattern, or maybe it's just me being too tired to notice.

So I'll throw mine out. This is my Interarms Stainless Steel PPK/S, purchased used from a local but reputable pawn shop. No case, no test shots, no sales receipts to speak of:

S0082XX

It has never appeared to be very old, in spite of some wear that I assume comes from it being frequently carried in a holster. On first glance I'd say it was made in the mid to late 90's, but that's just my hunch.
My guess is this was made in late 1983.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry forgot and besides that makes sense with a Manuhrin Walther it would be before 1980
I just purchased a PPK/S stainless with serial # S001189 had attached test target date of 8/12. I am assuming that being that Ranger started making the stainless in 1983 that it was test fired 8/12/1983. This gun is in unfired condition. Seller was a 78 yr old man that bought it new in late 83 and it has sat in his safe since then. He said he took it out once a yr and cleaned it an reoiled it and put it back in safe. Came with manual 6rd mag 7rd mag test target warranty card plastic box plastic cleaning rod. Everything is pristine. My cost $650.00

341 - 354 of 354 Posts