Walther Forums banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an Interarms PPK/s in .380, SN 003425. My wife (now deceased) gave it to me back in the 1980s...can't remember the date, which is why I'm seeking info on it. Any ideas would help.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
SN w.o. suffix? Then it's a blued pistol, SS should have a S-suffix. In both cases probably made in early 1983.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PPK: A013088 Target date is 1981
PPK/S: S027188 Target date I think is 1984 (scribbled)

BTW: Where is the .pdf with the collated information? I'm only finding dead links and missing photos.

Thanks. Great forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought an A01 SS PPK would be closer to 1987.

I would agree, from the charts the PPK date is probably an 87, not an 81

PPK: A013088 Target date is 1981
PPK/S: S027188 Target date I think is 1984 (scribbled)
Again from the chart range, the PPK/S would probably fall into 1985 .
But nothing is certain with InterArms.

Were the target dates just year? The targets are usually dated with month/day and hopefully year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gene L and Martin;

FYI, I have Interarms PPK/s in .380, SN 002670. My receipt shows I bought it

new 5/5/81. (Unfortunately, my test target has no date on it.)

Gene L's SN 003425 should be after that date by a little bit, most likely.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Other than what's on the PDF, does anyone know the actual serial number range (the first and last serial numbers) for Stainless Steel .380 Ranger PPK pistols?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Other than what's on the PDF, does anyone know the actual serial number range (the first and last serial numbers) for Stainless Steel .380 Ranger PPK pistols?

Samuel Cumming, but it will be difficult to get an answer from him. :p

The lack of InterArms records (thanks Susan Cummings :rolleyes: ) is why the charts and threads like this exist

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a hard time believing all production records went into the dumpster. Perhaps, there is just one forum member who is also a former Interarms or Ranger employee, who might shed additional light on the matter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Stainless PPK/S-1 with a S/N of 3429BAC. Definitely made here in the US as it has a "Smith & Wesson" stamp on the slide. Can anyone point me in the direction of a document where I can find the manufacture date. Thanks.....Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a Stainless PPK/S-1 with a S/N of 3429BAC. Definitely made here in the US as it has a "Smith & Wesson" stamp on the slide. Can anyone point me in the direction of a document where I can find the manufacture date. Thanks.....Jim
Call Smith and Wesson and they will tell you exactly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to admit, it hurts my feelings to have to contact Smith&Wesson for a Walther question. I have a lot of PPs and PPKs Pre WWII, kinda feels like I'm betraying an old friend. Thanks Rafman, I'll look into the S&W avanue...
.....Jim

321 - 340 of 340 Posts