Walther Forums banner
301 - 320 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
This PPK has been sitting in a safe for probably a few decades, that’s why it looks new.
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
Well "new" is relative to a guy born in the 40's :D

My first Walther love affair began in 1960 when I came into owning a P38/P1 (rebuild) of the historic classic WW II weapon.
My wife would say the that my "affair" with Walther has gone on too long...but I have survived the critique as she does not know that gun safe combination!

Of all the Walther brands I own (or have owned)...I'd say the PPK/s is my favorite, for looks and function!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well "new" is relative to a guy born in the 40's :D

My first Walther love affair began in 1960 when I came into owning a P38/P1 (rebuild) of the historic classic WW II weapon.
My wife would say the that my "affair" with Walther has gone on too long...but I have survived the critique as she does not know that gun safe combination!

Of all the Walther brands I own (or have owned)...I'd say the PPK/s is my favorite, for looks and function!
Thank you for your perspective, very interesting. I received the PPK from my father(1935) and I’ve always been very impressed with it. Very nice to shoot.
Guard that combination! Haha.
Thanks,
Edwin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stainless Interarms PPK/S .32
Test Target 10/15/1998
Serial Number W006997

I find it interesting that the serial number is only in one place.. behind the trigger guard on the right side, is that normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
PPK/S Appropriate Manufactured Date

Hello Folks,
I just bought a PPK/S
Stainless Steel
Serial # S027419

Any help with approximate manufactured date would be greatly appreciated. .

Thanks Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Info on gun

I have a Walther Mod. PPK
SN 1262XX With box and paperwork
Its in 9mm
Just trying to date the gun and get a value for insurance purposes.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rbook

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Is there any pre- or postfix (serial number)? For example SN 1262xx A = ~1968/69 (German proof date visible thru ejection port).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Info on gun

Looking in the ejection port on the barrell is 68 and alot of markings like maybe a bird of some sort and a dagon tail?

Does that sound right? So would this be a 68 model gun?

Thanks,

Rbook

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
It's a German Walther PPK, parts made by Manurhin/France. Eagle/N = German proof mark, antler = Ulm proof house. 68 = 1968. Imported by Interarms, but not a Ranger/USA made gun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does the slide have "Interarms Alexandria Virginia" on the right side of the slide?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another question...
Is it a PPK or PPK/S?
The gun control act of 1968 stopped import of the PPK, and thus the PPK/S was invented, but I thought 1969 was the first year of import for the PPK/S. Maybe the experts here can clear that up.

So, either that is the last of the old PPK imports, or the first of the PPK/S, I suppose.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, so you got one of the last legally imported PPK models made in Germany.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry for all the posts. My brain just got flooded with questions, because I am looking at some PPKs in this date range and trying to decide which one(s) to buy. I would pay extra for one of the pre 1968 GCA models like yours.
Around here that would fetch at least $650 if it's in very good condition.

Full disclosure I am a PPK rookie collector/owner just recently addicted to them, and not an expert in estimating value or anything else, lol.

301 - 320 of 354 Posts