Walther Forums banner

replacing sites w/ Trijicon sight on .40 cal P99

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Dave 
#1 ·
I have a Walther P99 .40 serial # 408371 which is about 5 years old. Purchased a set of Wpo1y Tijicon sites and need some help with instruction on repalcing them. The front sight has a slot with a round hole (not allen) in the center. the rear is the stock 2dot with the windage scew.

looking for tips on replacing both sights

Any recommendations ?

#2 ·
I never done it myself.....
but I think for the front you will need a 'Glock" wrench to tighten the screw that holds the front sight

the rear you have to depress the "tap" on the right side and then you can slide the sight off...... remember that the sight adjustment screw is left threaded ..... I think

#4 ·
Sorry I am not gonna be more help on your front sight... I know you need a special "Glock sight tool" for it.....also when you put the new sight on you might want to use some Loctite so the sight won't come off after replacing it....

you can take the screw in the rear sight out whenever... before or after pullen the sight off the slide.....

#5 ·
Great thanks for your help. Reaced the rear, it was a snap.
FYI, the allen key is a .050 size, and I used some needle nose to snug it until I get the proper tool. I am surprised that the sights don't come with the tool.

Again thanks for your help.

If anyone is interested I can post pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.