Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading here and there the sights for the S&W M&P shield (at least the rear) will fit the PPQ 22 but don't seem to get an overwhelming acknowledgement of this. Is this the case? If you have Can I buy shield sights and put them on the PPQ22 and not have to adjust them with a file?
(do the front fit as well?)

I really hate the stock PPQ sights, that black rear is junk to my eyes, and the front dot seems painted a little lopsided to me.

Otherwise I'm liking the PPQ...the 22lr version may lead to a bigger brother?
If the PPQ had an exposed hammer and thumb safety I'd say I'd found the perfect handgun...of course than I'd want it a little smaller for CCW.

If you have changed the sights on your PPQ22 please give me some recommendations here.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I have replaced the rear sights of my PPQ 22 with the S&W M&P ones, and the black front sight of the standard version with the fiber optic front sight from the "fancy" PPQ 22. That's the only front sight that will fit, as far as I can tell. Agree on the front dot of the original sight appearing to be lop-sided... which is what started me off on this in first place.
And for adjusting the with of the S&W M&P rear sight, I highly suggest a Dremel over a file, or you'll be filing a long time, LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but are you saying the rear sight of the M&P does not fit without modification...but fits with it?

And is it any M&P sights or just the M&P shield?

I have a M&P shield, but didn't want to pull the sights to check fit, but will probably up grade them and try and reuse the old one on the PPQ when I do I guess, (was hoping to not need to remove material).

Maybe I should try and fit a red dot base plate for the M&P and add a dot sight? Another thing to look into I guess.

Anyway, I should have a few more mags for the PPQ coming in soon, that will make a fun shooting gun even funner...and once the sights are better, its really going to put a smile on my face.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts