Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun's rear sight lost one of the phosphoric night sights during regular usage. Walther is warrantying the replacement and gives the option of either mailing in the slide or installing it myself. They said they "drift on with a nylon punch or a sight pusher tool". Has anyone tried installing themselves with any luck?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've installed a few myself using the drift punch method. Not exactly easy, but can be done. I used a small, clamp on table vise, with leather lined jaws to hold the slide.

Bit of a pain in the butt, but it works.
Good luck. Installed Mepro light sights BTW.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I picked up a Universal Sight Pusher tool for around $30 shipped via amazon. It works and has paid for itself. Centering the rears should get you close to your aim and adjust accordingly at range. This tool works and is a lot cleaner than punches. I cover the metal on metal areas with cloth tape.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I changed mine(Had a Gunsmith do it) to Orange Trijicon HD's because of this happening to my PPS M2. If it happened once, it can happen again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I replace all my sights with Trijicon HD’s. I keep all my 9mm’s orange in color and all my .40’s in the yellow color.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Has anyone tried installing themselves with any luck?
Welcome to the forum. I replaced the sights on my PPS M2. It's easy enough to do youself.

Wrap the slide in masking tape and place it in the center of a padded vice. Using a short brass punch drift it out from left to right. The rear sight is hollow and has a small roll pin in the bottom that keeps it tight to the slide. If your new sight doesn't have this pre-installed you can press it into place with a vice or c-clamp. Then install the sight on to the slide going from right to left. The slide has a ramp milled in to it to aid in getting it started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts