Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a recoil spring for replace the original in my P99 9mm DA/SA (2002); but I see that end of guide rod is Blue and not Black like original and have the part number 2625164

I can use this recoil spring in my P99 9mm or it is for other cal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
358 Posts
They are blue now for some reason. I had the same little shocker happen to me a few years ago. It works fine.

Wait untill you find a recoil spring that is red in color now that will fuck you up.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have one in red...my early P99 like 124gr better than 115gr so I had WaltherAmerica send me a replacement spring...red. It works just fine.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't recall the number...I just call WaltherAmerica, spoke with a rep and told them what I needed...they knew about the red one...mind you this was several years back for an early model...the newer ones already have a spring set for 115 gr...so they may not stock them anymore...call and see.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The red colored recoil spring was for Sub sonic ammo Jake. You don't want that spring. I should have said that.
]Honestly I am fuzzy as to the sub sonic ammo, I reload so I don't keep up on alot of factory/military stuff. So what would the problem be with the red spring...too light to handle the higher velocity stuff?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The red spring is a lighter weight spring that will not sufficient dampen the recoil forces from standard pressure ammunition.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The red spring is a lighter weight spring that will not sufficient dampen the recoil forces from standard pressure ammunition.

Yep you will beat that hell out of your weapon prematurely. Guys will do this with glocks/1911s and break then. Then complain about there weapon breaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts