Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a set of Meps on my P99 that I use to shoot comp. I decided to order a set of Red Fiber optics to change out...problem is I cannot get a socket to fit around the front sight nut...it has some Locktite on it and my ratchet just slips over the low profile nut...I hat to take it to a gunsmith. Does anybody have any suggests on how to get that nut off?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think I've read that a Glock sight tool works -- I'm lucky enough to have a socket the right size with thin enough walls that it gets a good grip. If someone has a Glock tool, you might try it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I too remeber reading about the Glock tool for the P99 front sight.....

If that doesn't work..... you can always use a hammer

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after a bit of WD 40 and a small screwdriver and a wooden mallet I was able to work the screw out...buggered up the head some but I was able to put it on another P99...now I will see how the fiber optics work for comp shooting...more to follow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Make sure you use that Loctite when you reinstall that sight! I didn't do that when I put the HiViz front sight on my P99 -- and about 20 rounds later it popped off. Some Loctite and I haven't had a problem since.

Jim

·
Registered
333 Posts
Whenever you are dealing with loctite ........... sometimes a little heat will break its hold. The Red loctite absolutely needs heat ............. but even the blue will give up its grip with a little heat.

I will often times heat the tool while attached to the nut and let the heat transfer into the screw threads. A little goes along way....so don't heat the tool to the point where you will ruin its temper -smile-. Those small butane pencil torches
are great for this type of work.

JF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts