Walther Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
Here's a good video produced by Dawson Sights, showing the removal/installaton of sights on a Glock slide. Remember, Glock slides r square....PPQ slides are skulpted, a piece of art, a thing of beauty, so clamping a PPQ slide in a vice isn't as easy as clamping a square slide.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Light Product Font Auto part Engineering

looking at this parts diagram from Earls repair shop I can see it’s clear I have topmost sight on the Q4. I just need to replace the plunger and screw like you said and everything should fit perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
That's right. The only question is, does your slide have the hole in it to accept the spring and plunger? Knock that sight over about 1/8" to the left and see if there's a hole.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's right. The only question is, does your slide have the hole in it to accept the spring and plunger? Knock that sight over about 1/8" to the left and see if there's a hole.
Rectangle Technology Electronic device Lego Font

No plunger hole. Looks like this may use a PPS/PPX Trijicon sight? What do you think?

·
Registered
286 Posts
After speaking with Trijicon technical support they did some research and confirm that it is the PPS sight on the Q4. I ordered a set from Amazon. Trijicon has a 7-week lead time for iron sites right now. It should be here on Friday I’ll install it and post pics.

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
Here ya go....down load these PDF exploded views.... PPS ( http://www.carlwalther.com/docs/pps_2753880.pdf ), P99 ( http://www.carlwalther.com/docs/ezt_2688450.pdf ) and PPQ ( https://www.carl-walther.de/uploads/media/partsdrawings/PPQ_278_44_67_s.pdf ). Check out the sights, the PPS and P99 use the same sight heights...3.8mm front and 4.6mm rear. The dovetails are the same....the part numbers are the same for the PPS and P99. The PPQ uses the same height sights, however they have a different part number. The dovetails on ALL 3 are the same.

So to recap, you need a 3.8mm tall front sight and a 4.6mm tall rear sight ...... your choice, P99, PPQ or PPS. AND, they need to be a press/friction fit or use a set screw to retain the sight in the dovetail.

Might want to pass that along to the Trijicon tech.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rectangle Automotive tire Font Gadget Electronic device

Font Number Circle Screenshot

these are a little taller, but they should fit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Of note: the PPS-style sight removes from left to right. There’s a small ramp-like feature on the slide that releases tension in the roll pin as it’s removed. I found that out last night.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Gadget Audio equipment Font Bumper Rectangle

Automotive exterior Rectangle Auto part Composite material Bumper

Finally received the Trijicon PPS sights. Installation was easy. I’ll be trying them out this weekend.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts