Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have truglo tritium pro on mine, they didnt offer Truglo TFX pro at the time, but I have TFX pro on my HK's. To install, you put the adjusting screw in the new sight, get the sight started in the dovetail, and turn the screw counter clockwise while pushing with your thumb. It may be necessary to sand down the end of the adjusting screw, to get it in the new sight, but just a minimal amount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have truglo tritium pro on mine, they didnt offer Truglo TFX pro at the time, but I have TFX pro on my HK's. To install, you put the adjusting screw in the new sight, get the sight started in the dovetail, and turn the screw counter clockwise while pushing with your thumb. It may be necessary to sand down the end of the adjusting screw, to get it in the new sight, but just a minimal amount.
I purchased the same from amazon but it doesn’t fit.. the screw fits fine in the slot but it appears the dovetail is too thick for the slow on the top of the slide.
Ideas?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does the sight fit the dovetail without the screw? If not, you can get some 600 or 800 grit wet sand paper, and on a flat surface, sand down the bottom of the rear sight, until it fits about 1/3 of the way in by hand. You can also do this with a good Arkansas sharpening stone. Another option is, contact truglo, they will install them for you, but the wet sand paper should get you there. Also, when sanding it, keep rotating it, and sanding in different directions, to keep it level and not take off more on one side of the bottom or another.
Good luck let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the same from amazon but it doesn’t fit.. the screw fits fine in the slot but it appears the dovetail is too thick for the slow on the top of the slide.
Ideas?
The Amazon reviews said you might have to sand the dovetail to allow it to fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts