Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been admiring this pistol. Its slide integrated front and rear sights remind me of the Walther ZM slide. While it's DAO, it still reminds me of a PPK-L. With an MSRP of $405 dollars, it might compete for some of my Walther dollars.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I've been admiring this pistol. Its slide integrated front and rear sights remind me of the Walther ZM slide. While it's DAO, it still reminds me of a PPK-L. With an MSRP of $405 dollars, it might compete for some of my Walther dollars.
When my arthritis of the hands got the best of me I downgraded from 9mm to 380. I needed easy to rack and the M&P Easy 380 was not born. I bought a RM380 to use until therapy got my hands back in shape.

It an excellent call gun. The metal frame absorbs recoil better than plastic, and the long metal slide rails provide better stability than the small rails embedded in polymer frames. Its locked breech design reduces recoil better than the blowback of many 380s.

It is a simple SD gun meant to be used at short range (maybe up to 25 feet) where precision aiming is not critical. You can trust the gun. Mine ate any ammo I fed it.

I see the gun with 2 magazines at my LGS is going for $275 which includes FFL fees, so it selling well below MSRP. At that pice it is a bargain.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
When my arthritis of the hands got the best of me I downgraded from 9mm to 380. I needed easy to rack and the M&P Easy 380 was not born. I bought a RM380 to use until therapy got my hands back in shape.

It an excellent call gun. The metal frame absorbs recoil better than plastic, and the long metal slide rails provide better stability than the small rails embedded in polymer frames. Its locked breech design reduces recoil better than the blowback of many 380s.

It is a simple SD gun meant to be used at short range (maybe up to 25 feet) where precision aiming is not critical. You can trust the gun. Mine ate any ammo I fed it.

I see the gun with 2 magazines at my LGS is going for $275 which includes FFL fees, so it selling well below MSRP. At that pice it is a bargain.

Hello 1942Bull. What are the sights like on that Remmington? Are they a simple milled in notch and post? Are they replaceable?

It seems like a simple, very concealable and from everything I've heard reliable gun.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Initially they had a poor reputation; among other things, the takedown pin fell out. I've been, maybe unfairly, a little skeptical of things from Remington of late.
DE/Bull, keep us posted if you get one?
Bull, the Sig P365 is extraordinarily easy to rack, and has mild recoil.
Moon

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Initially they had a poor reputation; among other things, the takedown pin fell out. I've been, maybe unfairly, a little skeptical of things from Remington of late.
DE/Bull, keep us posted if you get one?
Bull, the Sig P365 is extraordinarily easy to rack, and has mild recoil.
Moon
I do not mean to be challenging but the gun actually received good reviews. The major objection was the length of the trigger pull. I found that to be manageable. The complaints and concerns about the pin falling out were and are misplaced. The pin can fall out if you move the slide to its takedown point with the gun slanted far to the left. It says at in the manual. The complainers should have read the manual before they reviewed the gun. They also should have read the section that assured the slide could not fall out when firing because to the speed of the slide action.

I owned then gun. I tried to make the pin fall out when firing. It will not.
And, if you want to keep it in place all you have to do is keep the gun from tilting left when you slow rack the slide or put a dab of gun grease on it and then you have to push the pin out to disassemble. It is a damn good gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts