Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to the forum, and I thought I would share the results of my first pistol reloading for my PPQ M1 (the only handgun I own so far). I also sent this to Missouri Bullet for posting on their website.

I did my first reloading of 9mm Luger with the 125gr, 0.356 Hi-Tek (#HT-356125CN).

All were fired from a Walther PPQ M1 with a 5” barrel.
Powder: CFE Pistol
Primer: CCI 500
No Trimming
Reloaded Blazer brass, 1X fired
Case overall length of ~1.070” (varied a few thousands with certain rounds)
Zero malfunctions. Loads between 5.0-5.2gr seemed to have the best accuracy

Charge AvgVelocity ES Energy (ft/lbs)
4.4gr 1047 ft/s 10 ft/s 304
4.6gr 1091 ft/s 28 ft/s 330
4.8gr 1123 ft/s 33 ft/s 349
5.0gr 1186 ft/s 64 ft/s 390
5.2gr 1206 ft/s 22 ft/s 404

This bullet needs to be seated pretty deep for the cartridge to pass a headspace gauge test. The first few rounds I loaded would not pass the gauge test at anything greater than about 1.080” COL. Once I seated the bullet deeper, all rounds passed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I also reload/handload for my PPQ (4" M1). So far I've only used 115gr bullets; poly coated Egglestons and JHP Hornadys. I use 5gr of Winchester Super Field for the poly coated with B&S small pistol and 5.8 Alliant PowerPistol on the Hornady with CCI 500. I don't have a chrono. It's all used as range ammo. Carry stuff is factory Hornady or Sig.

It all shoots fine unless I don't get the length right. My Walther/Magnum Research all seem to have a shorter chamber than my other 9mm, so I've taken to doing a "plunk" test using one of their barrels. The overall length is shorter than what the manuals give and what my carbines will take!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a Q5 Match polymer with a dot that I use for USPSA matches and similar shooting. My standard load is a 147 gr plated round nose over 3.5-3.6 gr Win 231, Winchester primers. 1.135-1.140 length with mixed range brass. Nice and soft shooting and plenty accurate for typical distances. Chrono’d it a while ago and I think it was around 900 FPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts