Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having quite a few issues with feeding ammunition and jamming when it comes to my P22. I've been playing around the internet and have come across something called a pressure booster. In essence, it doesn't allow the gas to escape as easily as it would with a 3.4 inch barrel.

For one, has anyone had any experience with these?

Two, could a pressure booster actually turn a normal pressure round into an overpressured round?

Three, could a barrel extension work in the same manner?

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
How about.....you tell us specifically what problems you are having with your pistol and we will see if we can't sort that out with proper ammo or whatever might be needed.

You can't over pressure a round with a longer barrel, suppressor or add on tube. The pressure booster would have to have a pretty tight tolerance to increase the duration of blow back gas as it would have to allow the round to pass through it without touching since it could not be threaded to match the barrel rifling.

What ammo are you having problems with? The P22 won't usually cycle weak rounds such a target ammo, sub sonics and Federal bulk. P22s like a snappy round like mini mags or remington golden bullets. M1911

1 - 2 of 2 Posts