Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think about $2k....what a steal....by the time I called to purchase it, it was on hold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don’t feel bad... I have spoken to at least 5 other PPK collectors that all called or emailed within minutes of it being put on Guns International and it was already gone. Strange that the seller didn’t know the rarity of this item...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping that someone on the forum would have gotten it so we could have seen the inside of box. Very interesting find....

·
Registered
826 Posts
Darn, too busy with preparations for party and missed it. Here is the what the inside should look like. The exterior can be found with and without the model letters impressed on the lid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Could we get a translation of the "Achtung !" label please ?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Attention, this little box is only meant for transporting or storing the pistol, not for storing it when on duty. When on duty, the pistol must always be kept at the ready, not in this little box.

In case you wondered.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If anyone here remembers the computer game Wolfenstein 3D from the early 90s, a first-person shooter that took place in Nazi Germany, it's interesting to see a very familiar font on that Achtung label.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
If anyone here remembers the computer game Wolfenstein 3D from the early 90s, a first-person shooter that took place in Nazi Germany, it's interesting to see a very familiar font on that Achtung label.
The Fraktur typefaces were particularly heavily used during the time of Nazism, when they were initially represented as true German script, the press scolded for its frequent use of "Roman characters" under "Jewish influence" and German émigrés urged to use only "German script".
However, in 1941, Fraktur was banned in a Schrifterlass (edict on script) signed by Martin Bormann as so-called Schwabacher Judenlettern ("Schwabacher Jewish letters")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiqua–Fraktur_dispute

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Attention, this little box is only meant for transporting or storing the pistol, not for storing it when on duty. When on duty, the pistol must always be kept at the ready, not in this little box.

In case you wondered.

Dieter Marschall explained in his book 'Walther pistols': A special shoulder holster was issued for the concealed carrying of these pistols. The bank counter staff kept them in open, especially designed, wooden boxes below the counter.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The Akah proprietary design shoulder hoster for Reichbank pistols was designed for use with straps or for wear on the belt concealed by a coat. My example here has no straps. The belt loop on the reverse is reinforced with a brass plate that results in messy vertigris accumulation. My example is accompanied by a bank officer's pistol permit, the spare mag carrier and a book listing all Reichsbank officers and employees. The Reichsbank also provided belt holsters with flaps for the PP.

The Reichsbank holster is not to be confused with the commercially marketed Akah "Reichsbank" holster which features common design characteristics

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts