Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time gun person but recent “convertee” to Walther pistols of all types.
Notice in the paperwork Walther has a thing where you can log in your pistol purchase and be notified of things like recalls I’m guessing.
Anyone do/doing this? Would you recommend it?
Normally not a fan of leaving a bigger trail behind me then I have too.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Others here may have opinions on Walther's warranty service; some gunmakers don't seem overly concerned about the gun being registered with them.
Moon

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, if nothing else, it greases the skids for warranty work? I guess that’s a good enough reason to do it - probably speed the process up a bit hopefully. In my decades of shooting I have never been aware of a gun recall but that was then and this is now.
And, to put on my tin foil hat, no ones hiding in the computer age anyway.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
We all know people who won’t use credit cards or post on social media. We all know people who won’t buy a gun from an LGS not because they need to circumvent the system, but because they want to.

Me? I don’t worry about any of this stuff. Then again, maybe I should.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I can foresee a time when our government will subpoena all purchase records, service records from manufacturers, LGS’s, big box stores.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
I can foresee a time when our government will subpoena all purchase records, service records from manufacturers, LGS’s, big box stores.
I packed all my firearms into a canoe and was paddling for Guam....sprung a leak and the canoe sunk... Latitude 12°17'51.30"N Longitude 145°19'17.43"E.

I had to do a little dog paddling until a Chinese freighter came by.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
"Just because everyone is out to get you is not a reason to be paranoid." That said, as Water' and Muck' noted, trying to escape the internet's tentacles is mighty hard to do in our brave new world.
They might not know exactly what you have, but they know you have something. Unless you've been to Guam. :rolleyes:

Moon

·
Registered
117 Posts
Most of our life is available out there anyway. There was one guy on youtube bragging on how he is living off the grid but got highly offended when I reminded him he was posting in social media. What a nut job!

I wouldn't sweat it.

This is me as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts