Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, and a few from lesser brands as well.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an account here way back in the day - almost 20 years ago. How can I regain access to it? I have emailed the admins via the contact link at the bottom but gotten no response.

When I try to log into it, the password is invalid. I tried the reset password link, but it comes back as some obfuscated email address that ends in .invalid. For example A**@.invalid. Clearly my account has lost the associated email somewhere along the way so I can't simply reset the password on my own. For the record, I still have the email addresses that I would have used with the account back then before the email association was changed to whatever invalid email address it is associated with now.

Is there any way I can recover the access to that old account? or ideally (but less likely), have it merged with my current account so I have all my posts/comments together?

·
Super Moderator
2,279 Posts
I had an account here way back in the day - almost 20 years ago. How can I regain access to it? I have emailed the admins via the contact link at the bottom but gotten no response.

When I try to log into it, the password is invalid. I tried the reset password link, but it comes back as some obfuscated email address that ends in .invalid. For example A**@.invalid. Clearly my account has lost the associated email somewhere along the way so I can't simply reset the password on my own. For the record, I still have the email addresses that I would have used with the account back then before the email association was changed to whatever invalid email address it is associated with now.

Is there any way I can recover the access to that old account? or ideally (but less likely), have it merged with my current account so I have all my posts/comments together?
PM me your old account details. I will help if I can but cannot promise anything.

Twenty years is more than a lifetime in software terms.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
If you can tell me your username I can try to find your account for you. If you have not logged in for more than 9 years the site software will remove the original email from the site database. The software considers your account abandoned and for security will scramble your password and will scramble your email. I can do some digging if I have more info.
-Philip

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, and a few from lesser brands as well.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can tell me your username I can try to find your account for you. If you have not logged in for more than 9 years the site software will remove the original email from the site database. The software considers your account abandoned and for security will scramble your password and will scramble your email. I can do some digging if I have more info.
-Philip
Thanks, but at this point, I think I'm just going to let it be. Jimmo952 offered to help, but during my conversation with them, I figured out how to look up user profiles and found that it showed very few posts and only a handful of comments related to that old account. It appears that a lot of the account may have been lost along the way. I already have more activity on this new account than what that old one shows as having for the entire time period of 2003-2005. It showed that I last accessed it in 2005, so it has been a long time and I doubt it would be worth the hassle at this point.

Thanks for offering to help though.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
No problem, if I merged the accounts it would add the handful of posts and the join date from the other account to this one.
-Philip

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem, if I merged the accounts it would add the handful of posts and the join date from the other account to this one.
-Philip
Fair enough..... I PM'd you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts