Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had their PPK or PPK/s either reblued or refinished with a different material?

I was thinking about getting Robar's Roguard put on, but they said they can only do the slide. Next I am going to check with Walter Birdsong about his Blac-T finish and see if he can do the whole gun.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I had a surplus West German-made PP refinished entirely by Arizona Response Systems. They do most of the refinish work on my items. Great work, finish, and price. Their METACOL finish is just as nice as some of the other finishes out there IMHO, including resistance to rust and all that.

I would have liked it in blue, but it's not available, so I had it done in their HK Satin Black color.

This work, combined with new springs and new wood grips, and I've got a great shooter that looks great and will last for many years to come without worrying about the bluing not lasting or rust developing.

ARS's website is www.arizonaresponsesystems.com

HTH,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
It is addicting having older firearms refinished, and for the price, they come back looking better than new.

Yes the entire insides are done as well (except of course the inside of the barrel and certain springs and such).

Not sure how METACOL holds up in a holster since I don't carry any of the older pieces I've had refinished in a daily setting to find out. Suspect if you email Mark at ARS he'll answer you or point you to a section on his website. He's not the most verbose person in an email, but does great work at a fair price.

HTH,
Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.