Walther Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I typed this up in another thread that had someone looking to refinish their PPK. If you have a plater in your local area, I am a fan of going that route. You have mentioned it has no excessive monetary value, more of a shooter, so refinishing it will probably not kill its residual value with you. Plating adds almost nothing to the surfaces so you don’t need to worry about things not fitting afterwards. Some have policies rejecting firearms, but others are willing to do it if they can add it to a batch of parts going into the same finish.

You can get just about any tint of bluing electro-plated on. I had a pistol plated to resemble bluing and I couldn’t be happier. Can also go the Nickel Boron route to be able to wipe off any shooting residue with a silicon rag. I could go on.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. It has been several years since I last posted, but I have not lost my taste for Walthers! I just picked up this PPK. I realize there is not much collector's value to it. I plan on using it as a shooter. I was toying with refinishing it simply for the cosmetics - to make it look better. Thoughts? If you would refinish, what method would you use?

Thanks.
View attachment 93615 View attachment 93616
Hello. It has been several years since I last posted, but I have not lost my taste for Walthers! I just picked up this PPK. I realize there is not much collector's value to it. I plan on using it as a shooter. I was toying with refinishing it simply for the cosmetics - to make it look better. Thoughts? If you would refinish, what method would you use?

Thanks.
View attachment 93615 View attachment 93616
10MMAuto, I wouldn't touch that gun except to shoot it. I've been a PPK/PP fan all my life. My father liberated 3 PP's from the Zella-Mehlis factory in 1945. My brothers & I still have them and treasure them. Great shooters. According to my records, your gun was manufactured in 1939 and has the brown, bakelite grips. I would keep it original. Al

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
10MMAuto, I wouldn't touch that gun except to shoot it. I've been a PPK/PP fan all my life. My father liberated 3 PP's from the Zella-Mehlis factory in 1945. My brothers & I still have them and treasure them. Great shooters. According to my records, your gun was manufactured in 1939 and has the brown, bakelite grips. I would keep it original. Al
Thanks, Al. The grips are in great shape, and yes, the information I found showed 1939. I'm very happy with it. I also found the serial number (last three digits) scribed on the inside of the frame. They match!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts