Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here replaced their stock striker spring with a reduced power spring? If so, please tell me about your experience(s) with it.

I have two P99s, a 9mm and a .40. Both have the conventional DA/SA triggers. I would love to reduce the DA pull just a tad. I presume that the most straightforward approach is to replace the above mentioned striker spring.

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmm, good question. And does replacing that spring to reduce the DA pull have any effect on the SA or reset?

DJ

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quack -

I just went back and re-read those threads. It seems like you have quite a bit of experience with striker spring experimentation.

I don't want to sacrifice any reliability just to get a lighter DA trigger pull. Moreover, I would be disappointed if I could feel any spring binding. Do you feel that a stock 5# Glock striker spring will accomplish my goal(s) or should I go with the 4#?

·
Registered
78 Posts
go with 5# or 5.5#. the trigger just feel a tad better (crisper) with the 5# (as opposed to the 4#) i think i have the stock spring in right now. haven't shot my P99 in a while.

·
Registered
78 Posts
well, i was going to sell my P99, so i returned it to stock. then i came to my senses when i took a few guns to the range to find which ones were going up for sale. the USP lost and the P99 was cleaned and put back into the safe. just never got around to putting the Glock spring back in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i had a smithy cut a few rings off my striker spring and my p99 shoots way better than my friends now.it has a lighter pull but not a huge differance striker also releases sooner,best mod i ever had done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts