Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a .40 P99 AS that I shot for the first time today in a long time.

As of late, many of my range trips have been taken up by the P22, my wife's XD, my PPK and my .45.  The P99 had barely been touched.

In regards to the trigger, WOW.  I had forgotten just how good it really is.  The double action pull is smooth, the single action pull is relatively short and the reset is surprisingly short too considering it is a stock trigger.  Was it always this good?  Too bad the bulk of my shooting left a lot to be desired.

Those out there who are looking to purchase a P99, be thankful that the AS model is returning.  It really is amazing.

-stunks

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I shoot mine every week...so I am use to it...but I had the chance to compare it to a Sig and a Beretta this past week...boy, do I really like my Walther. Better trigger, better accuracy more round capacity and lighter weight...my suggestion if you ever get bored with your P99…put it up for a while, shoot some other stuff and then come back to it…I think you will find out what you have been missing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I totally agree Jake. I was at the range last week and me and the range officer were comparing my P99 to his Beretta. The P99 killed the Beretta in accuracy. I could have thrown that Beretta at the paper and been more accurate. ( A bit of an exageration... but you get the idea.) Although my mags breaking today in front of him after only 85 rnds each kinda made the 99 look bad. Here's to getting them fixed and showing them what it can really do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I find the no matter what my "project gun" is or how nice I make it I always come back to my stock .40 Walther P99

1 - 5 of 5 Posts