Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting my daughter at college yesterday.... and she pulled out a game for her Nintendo Wii called Red Steel. She has taken several fencing courses so she got the game because it includes some swordplay..... but what caught my attention was the first-person-shooter using a Walther P99.

The gun looks very authentic with all the right parts. The cocked indicator is clearly visible as are the slide lock, decocker, and take down lever. Can't see the mag release and the resolution is not good enough to tell if it's pre-2004. There is a round counter in the lower right corner that resets to 16 when you reload.... so it looks like an older or LEO mag. Very fun game. Very low recoil and the ammo is cheaper than WWB.:D

·
Registered
46 Posts

This picture looks more like a Steyr M. Note cocking indicator above square plastic panel at rear of slide, safety above trigger. Can almost see dual locking notches on light rail -> First gen M.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Too bad it promotes the Hollywood "gangsta" grip. I'm waiting for someone to manufacture a handgun with the grip on the side. At least that way, they could use the sights. ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
MLB
that's not what you need to do... I can't find the pic anymore... but someplace on the net is one with the sights mounted on the side of the slide.. much easier that way :D

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
yesssss that's what I was looking for :eek: :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too bad it promotes the Hollywood "gangsta" grip. I'm waiting for someone to manufacture a handgun with the grip on the side. At least that way, they could use the sights. ;-)
In the Wii version of Red Steel, the player has control over how the gun is held. You can shoot gangsta if you want but you don't have to. Can't do two handed shot though.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was just having fun with it. The game does look pretty impressive.

Thanks for the Homeboy night sights pic. I hadn't seen that in quite a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts