Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somebody was looking for a red P99 training pistol

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ASP-Red-Training-Gun-Walther-P99-Police-Pistol_W0QQitemZ7593109760QQcategoryZ53294QQssPage
NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">here it is</a>

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cool. I need that to practice pistol whipping my brother. That way I don't need to worry about hurting my gun.

- I am joking of course -

·
Registered
525 Posts
I wanted one to use to have a holster made from, but it need to have the new style trigger guard....I still can't find out where holster makers normally get their gun molds!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's blue but I guess it would work for a holster

sorry it's nto a direct link.. but just click on products, handguns, then Walther..... they list a few more on the catalog you can download in PDF....
Though I am not sure if they sell them to civies like us.... I just ran across the link looking to find grips for my P5

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sweet! Not sure why there would be restrictions on something like that but who knows. I once picked up a P99 toy gun at a dollar store. Fit/size is remarkably like the real deal. Of course way too light. I wouldn't trust it to make a holster but it's fine for pratice around the house.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was always taught that the difference between red and blue guns was the weight. Red guns were the form and the same weight as the real gun. Blue guns just had the form but weighed less. Maybe that's not true -- doesn't sound like it from the descriptions. I know the red guns we use on the ship for training are heavy!

Having a blue gun around to practice drawing would be nice...no need to worry about having a live firearm out where anyone could get access to it. It would be nice to have around the house with the kids at home.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it be really nice if you want a custome holster.....
Sh#$%, beats the heck out of shippen a real gun.. and wondering, like we read in a few posts before, if your gun gets back to you or if you get charged for another FFL transfer once the gun gets shiped to a FFL dealer

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've been doing a little research and it seems like most holster makers will make around a red or blue gun, however they're not very durable when used for that and might only get like 5-7 uses before they die. As a result most of the holster makers buy an aluminum or other alloy gun from another company (if someone wants the name I can dig it up) but even those tend to come in needing some machining and smoothing to get good enough to use.

I'm thinking if someone wanted to supply a mold for the p99c you could buy a blue p99 gun and cut the end off. There really shouldn't be any difference in the boning otherwise I don't think. Loosing the front sight wouldn't be an issue either I wouldn't think. I'll certainly be looking into it further.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Soy the post I made up there has new style P99... and if it would be only for one holster for your own gun.. $34 wouldn't be too much

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yup thats the plan so far
If I get real ambitious I might chop the tip and see about having a p99c holster made too heh.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Btw for anyone else who is interested I contacted blue guns to see if there might also be old stock of the pre-04 p99 floating around:

"We purchased our original P99 last year, to do our castings.
We do not have a pre-2004 P99.

Sincerely,

John Ring
VP/GM
Ring's Manufacturing
99 East Drive
Melbourne, FL 32904 USA
(321) 951-0407
(321) 951-0017 fax
"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts