Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is there a red/green dot sight for the PPK/S .380 without a lot of modifications to the slide? I have looked, but the one company stopped making them a long time ago and the ones I found on eBay are overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
2,293 Posts
Hi,
Is there a red/green dot sight for the PPK/S .380 without a lot of modifications to the slide? I have looked, but the one company stopped making them a long time ago and the ones I found on eBay are overpriced.
Which vintage of PPK do you have? The current version's sights are integral to the slide. There is no easy practical way to swap them out so there are no aftermarket sights for that gun as far as I know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which vintage of PPK do you have? The current version's sights are integral to the slide. There is no easy practical way to swap them out so there are no aftermarket sights for that gun as far as I know.
No rails or edges for a sight to grip onto...

·
Super Moderator
2,293 Posts
I misunderstood you. I thought you meant replacing the iron sights.

You are asking about putting a red dot sight on a PPK?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I misunderstood you. I thought you meant replacing the iron sights.

You are asking about putting a red dot sight on a PPK?
Yes...I would like to know if anyone has put a red/green dot sight on a Walther PPK/S .380 and if it is difficult (do you have to take the gun to a gunsmith to drill holes for a rail, etc.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,548 Posts
The PPK is likely a poor candidate for an optic. The slide would have to be milled and drilled. The sight would add mass to the slide, which might or might not effect function. Finally, the blowback PPK has a really violent cycle, and it's not clear the sight itself would tolerate it.
The PPK is a pocket gun. If you really need an electronic aid, likely someone is making a laser grip that would project a dot.
If you really want a pistol with an optic, there are better choices.
Moon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The PPK is likely a poor candidate for an optic. The slide would have to be milled and drilled. The sight would add mass to the slide, which might or might not effect function. Finally, the blowback PPK has a really violent cycle, and it's not clear the sight itself would tolerate it.
The PPK is a pocket gun. If you really need an electronic aid, likely someone is making a laser grip that would project a dot.
If you really want a pistol with an optic, there are better choices.
Moon
Thank you for your quick and prompt response...being very honest...I appreciate it...I am thinking of buying a newer model or a different brand and model...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts