Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've recently purchased my first Walther and went with the Q5 Match SF & absolutely loving it. I'm going to be purchasing red dot optics soon. I would love any recommendations and reasons why please. New to the game and would like to hear from others who are familiar. At the moment I am not a competition shooter, just range time but looking to get into the sport. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hey guys I've recently purchased my first Walther and went with the Q5 Match SF & absolutely loving it. I'm going to be purchasing red dot optics soon. I would love any recommendations and reasons why please. New to the game and would like to hear from others who are familiar. At the moment I am not a competition shooter, just range time but looking to get into the sport. Thank you in advance.
Bullseye shooting, you'll want a small dot; 1-2moa.
Action sports, such as IDPA and USPSA, you'll want a larger dot, 5-8moa so you can acquire it faster.
You'll want the higher end units, as they tend to hold up better to the rigors of the G forces placed on them, by the cycling of the slide.
I am going to get a Trijicon SRO, 5moa for my Poly Q5.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been using Leupold DPP on my PPQ (sent my slide to get cut)for the last 3 years trouble free.
great features, makes me shoot like I was 25 years old again.

Reactions: Liggett

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just today, I've ordered an FTP Alpha 3, 8moa for my SF. I had to get a RTS2 mount since it's not included with the pistol. There IS some question regarding fit as I did just learn that the SIG MAX which uses the same mont, won't fit the SF. I have no details on why, so we'll soon see.
Well, probably not soon since it's coming from Canada, and on top of the dismally slow Canadian postal system, it's got to clear customs too.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have an SRO with the 2.5 MOA dot that I’m really enjoying. Large window , and so far through 1700 rounds has held up well. No shift in zero or other problems. Auto mode works well enough for matches. Would like a green version if they ever were to come out with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Alpha 3 got here today and I'm going to have to do a minor bit of cosmetic surgery on the front of the SF Optic cut to get it to clear. The Walther See-More mount isn't thick enough by about 1/16" to have the optic clear the slide in the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts