Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How dificult would it be to just buy another PPS M2 slide, drill a couple holes, and throw a red dot on it? I dont want to buy a whole other gun, especially since it costs twice as much as the regular version, but it would be cool to have the red dot on this gun for range purposes. I just wanna know if this is possible, or if the slide for the RMSc has different internal etc. If any of you have done it what were the measurements, size of drill bit etc?

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
Why not just get your current slide milled?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The PPS M2 with the Shield is a smart looking firearm.

Attachments

Reactions: Maudavdur

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
The optic ready slide? or the regular slide?
The regular slide. I inquired by phone not ever mentioning the Reflex sight. I was thinking of buying a regular slide and having it milled for a RedDot of my choice. I was told it was a part that could be purchased. I never did it because I decided not to use a reflex sight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The regular slide. I inquired by phone not ever mentioning the Reflex sight. I was thinking of buying a regular slide and having it milled for a RedDot of my choice. I was told it was a part that could be purchased. I never did it because I decided not to use a reflex sight.
How difficult would it be to have it milled?

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
I wanna have the option to do both by just swapping out the slide
Ahh, without having to re-zero the sights. Got it. Thank you for clarifying.

How difficult would it be to have it milled?
  1. Find a company that does that kind of work (Google it; there are lots)
  2. Contact company
  3. Describe what you want and confirm they can do it
  4. Ship the slide and pay for the work in the order dictated by the entity
  5. Receive milled slide back from company
  6. Install optic, zero it, and enjoy

Reactions: Maudavdur

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Ahh, without having to re-zero the sights. Got it. Thank you for clarifying.

1. Find a company that does that kind of work (Google it; there are lots)
  2. Contact company
  3. Describe what you want and confirm they can do it
  4. Ship the slide and pay for the work in the order dictated by the entity
  5. Receive milled slide back from company
  6. Install optic, zero it, and enjoy
I would dd the to the list that you should decide what optic you intend to install because the milling must be precise to the dimensions of the sight. I also think it would be wise to have them drill nd tap the holes for morning the sight. That is precise work.

Reactions: surrealone

·
Super Moderator
3,888 Posts
Good point/catch. I assumed the optic decision had already been made … and we all know what assuming does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would dd the to the list that you should decide what optic you intend to install because the milling must be precise to the dimensions of the sight. I also think it would be wise to have them drill nd tap the holes for morning the sight. That is precise work.
Not really that difficult to do if you know what you are doing. I have both a M2 and an M2 with the RMS. All the machinist would need, would be the sight you plan to use and the slide from a M2 that already has the cut to make the cut in an uncut slide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the PPS M2. Have had it for two weeks and it is awesome at the range. The only down side is the Shield RMSc that came mounted on it. It is supposed to have a battery life of 2 to 3 years but mine is more like 2 to 3 days. The red dot company has not responded to email inquiries as to what the problem may be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts