Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Think EGW makes great quality products. Have their plates on three different 1911s. Able to mount a red dot without milling the slide. What's not to like???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EGW

Indeed, not having to mill the slide and keep the ability to go back to stock is a win, win for me. Half a dozen shots to "walk" the Venom on to the bullseye and I am going to have to do a lot more reloading!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Let us know how you like it. I am waiting on Trijicon's new SRO sight, supposedly made just for pistols, which has been shipped to me. I have a Glock Gen 5 17 MOS to put it on. I don't much about red dots except I have read and been told that you have to look through them at the target and not at the sights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let us know how you like it. I am waiting on Trijicon's new SRO sight, supposedly made just for pistols, which has been shipped to me. I have a Glock Gen 5 17 MOS to put it on. I don't much about red dots except I have read and been told that you have to look through them at the target and not at the sights.

Look at the target, put the red dot on the target and pull the trigger.
POA=POI! What could be easier??? Of course the shooter has to do their thing re: grip, trigger control and all the usual.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's much easier if the dot base is milled into the slide. I started 2 years ago with the dovetail adapter just because like many, I wasn't sure the dot on a pistol was for me. I got immediately hooked. My next pistol had a milled slide and I found it difficult to go back to a dovetail plate mounted optic after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts